The Online version of the QuickBooks software has helped its users to connect with their banks. It helps users to keep track of their income and expenditure with the transactions made in the bank account linked to the QuickBooks Online. If you have linked your Chase account with the QuickBooks, you can download your account transactions to an external file and move them into QuickBooks. However, Chase QuickBooks download problem has become a common nuisance after QuickBooks updated its connection with the Chase bank. In this blog post, we will find and fix the possible causes behind the Chase QuickBooks download problem.
Are you getting error when trying to download the Chase bank statements to QuickBooks? Talk to our QuickBooks error support experts by dialing 1.800.579.9430.
Unable To Download Statement From Chase Bank To QuickBooks | Possible Reasons
“QuickBooks is unable to verify the Financial Institution Information for this download. Please try again later.” This error message is received while updating bank feeds of Chase into QuickBooks. A similar error code 101 gives an error message “We’re fixing our connection to this bank as quickly as possible. Try updating again tomorrow. (101)”. These issues related to Chase QuickBooks bank feed download may occur due to unstable Internet connection or due to the bank server issue. Below are some effective troubleshooting solutions that can help you to fix the factors causing Chase download transaction error.
How to Download Chase Bank Statements to QuickBooks?
If you are among the seekers looking for the answer, “How can I download my Chase Bank statement to QuickBooks?” then your search might end here. Follow the below-described solutions to resolve the issues while connecting QuickBooks with Chase:
- From Internet Explorer, sign-in your QBO account
- Go to Dashboard and click Banking
- Now from Banking option, choose the bank account you want to update with QuickBooks Online
- You should now see “Your Chase Bank connection is getting an update” as a result of the previous action, click Update
- Now verify the second step of verification if prompted to do so
- Select Continue to finish the update process
Chase QuickBooks download problem may also occur when your account is not verified. Verify the selected account in QuickBooks to resolve the error.
- Login to your financial institution (Chase) account and click Profile & Settings from the top right corner of the screen
- Now click Account Safe option
- Scroll down to Linked Apps and Websites option and hit the arrow against QuickBooks application to open the list of the selected accounts
- Confirm that the account you want to connect with the QuickBooks is selected
- If not, add the option from the given options
Now try to download Chase credit card transactions to QuickBooks to check if the error is fixed. However, if the error persists, move to the next solution.
You can import Chase bank statement into QuickBooks Online manually if the above-described solutions fail to resolve Chase QuickBooks download problem.
- Locate your Bank in the first place
- Log in your bank account using the correct user ID and password
- Select Bank Accounts and date range to download the data of 90 days of the bank transactions
- Click Connect and make sure that no account selected that you don’t want to keep track of.
NOTE: One more online banking error that you might encounter while accessing your bank feeds in QuickBooks is QuickBooks Error 102. Read our article on QuickBooks Error 102 for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Chase QuickBooks Download Problem Continues!
If none of the troubleshooting procedures have resolved Chase Bank download QBO file issue, then don’t waste your time anymore with the annoying error. It is wise to get professional assistance in the error resolution; you may acquire by dialing our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430.