QuickBooks error 6000 80 arises when a user tries to open, restore, or backup a company file and fails for some reasons. The error typically occurs when QuickBooks fails to communicate with a company file located on the network. Error 6000 80 falls under the 6000 series of errors in the application which is generally related to the company file issues in the application. When the error takes place, it ceases the task in-progress with QuickBooks error message_6000 80. The error code suggests that an error has occurred while opening the company file, and the software needs to be closed. Various reasons can evoke the QuickBooks error_6000 80, we will discuss in this blog along with their troubleshooting solutions.
Can’t reach your company’s financial record due to error 6000 80 in QuickBooks? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 for instant technical relief
What Evokes the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80?
Error code 6000 80 in QuickBooks can be triggered by the following reasons while accessing a company file.
- When the installation of QuickBooks is corrupted or incomplete
- A possible damage in the QuickBooks company (.QBW) file can trigger QuickBooks error_6000 80
- When the data file is restored or converted over a network instead of local storage
- Your server may lack the proper authorization to access the financial records
- QuickBooks not able to communicate with the file located on the Host or Server computer
- If the file you are trying to access is too large, QuickBooks error_6000 80 may take place.
What Are the Main Effects of QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80?
QuickBooks error message code_6000 80 has several after-effects when you see it on your screen-
- You will see an error message with code 6000 80 on your screen
- You may not be able to check your financial records
- Technical-distress of resolving the error code in order to access your data file
- Potential risk of data loss while resolving the problem
If you want a hassle-free resolution service for error: 6000 80, dial (855)-526-5749 to reach our QuickBooks error support experts.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
QuickBooks error 6000 80 can arise both in single-user and multi-user mode. Due to having several common reasons among the two, you may get puzzled while resolving the error. Below are some of the most effective solutions for you to rectify error code_6000 80 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Make Use Of QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is an important utility that can detect and fix all the common data damages. You can download the tool from Intuit’s official website. Once installed, running the tool fixes damage in the data file, and if it detects no error, you can proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Copy Files to Local C Drive
In this method, you need to copy your data files to the local hard drive storage and then start with the troubleshooting steps-
- Copy QuickBooks Company (.QBW) file, or QuickBooks Backup (.QBB) File to the local C drive
- Now, try to restore the backup or update the QuickBooks company file
- When the issue is resolved, copy the file you have restored/updated back to its original location
Solution 3: Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 80 Manually
Since there are multifaceted reasons behind QuickBooks error_6000 80, you need to troubleshoot one after the other manually.
- Make sure that you have proper permissions to access a company file
- Scan the company files to find and fix the data damages
- Open the company file on your Desktop to check if the location of the company file is damaged
- Try to open a different file to verify if the damage exists within the company file
- Verify the hosting on your computers
- Check for the discrepancies between the QuickBooks Desktop file and firewall to resolve the QuickBooks error_6000 80.
The solutions mentioned in the blog can effectively resolve the Intuit QB error code 6000 80. To get fast technical relief from QuickBooks error_6000 80, you can dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147.