The QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool helps users in troubleshooting various issues while working with the application, especially those issues, which arise while connecting with the server. You can get rid of several perplexing issues using the tool and work efficiently with QuickBooks POS. If you are wondering how to connect QuickBooks POS client to the server, then this post can be a help for you. Reading this post until the end, you can get to know more about the QB POS connectivity tool and how you can use it for the error-resolutions.
Having trouble in using QuickBooks Desktop POS Connectivity Tool? Give us a call on our support number 1.800.579.9430 to get help from certified QuickBooks experts
What Are The Main Issues That Can Be Resolved Using Connectivity Tool For QuickBooks POS?
In the below-given situations, you can utilize the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool to resolve the issues:
- If a technical issue preventing you from accessing the QuickBooks POS application
- Issues while connecting QuickBooks POS client to the server.
- POS Warning 180063: Unable to start the database service is an erroneous condition that can be resolved by using the QuickBooks POS connectivity Tool.
- The QuickBooks Database Manager Service is not running, which is an essential utility to connect QuickBooks application to the server.
- Sometimes, it can be your Firewall or Internet security settings that can prevent QuickBooks POS due to some security reasons.
How To Utilize QuickBooks Point Of Sale Connectivity Tool?
Several reasons can trigger issues while using QuickBooks POS, such as a poor Internet server, or when folder permission and network sharing is not configured. The QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool can help you in these instances. Follow the below-given steps to make the tool work for you:
Step 1: Restart QuickBooks Point Of Sale
In the first place, open QuickBooks POS and follow the below-given steps:
- Open Windows Start menu and type msc in the search area and further, click Enter
- Now locate QBPOS Database Manager vXX from the list of the services.
- On finding, right-click the service and click
Step 2: Create A Copy Of Your Company File
To get it done, follow the below-given steps:
- Click Windows icon on your Desktop and then open the Computer window.
- From the left window, navigate to the below-stated location:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale vXX (latest version)
- Right-click on Data Folder and click Copy
- Now Paste the copied folder to a suitable location
Step 3: Download The QuickBooks POS Connection Tool
Moving further, download and run the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool by following the below-given steps:
- Download QuickBooks Point Of Sale using the given link.
- Now save the file in the below-given path:
- For 64-bit:C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX.
- For 32-bit:C:\Program File \Intuit\QuickBooks POS X.
- Open the file once downloaded and run it for the error-resolution.
Troubleshooting The Common Connectivity Issues In QuickBooks POS
To check if QuickBooks Desktop & POS are connected, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the Start menu and then click Preferences
- Click Integrated Application and then further click on Company Preferences
- Launch QuickBooks POS and then click Remove
- Select OK
- Open QuickBooks and check if the issue is resolved
By following the steps described in this post, you can utilize the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to resolve the common QuickBooks POS connection issues. If you have trouble with any of the steps, you can contact our support number 1.800.579.9430. It will connect you with one of our QB experts, who will answer all your queries related to QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool.