QuickBooks is one of the most preferred accounting solutions to small to mid-sized businesses. It is important to understand the QuickBooks compatibility with Windows 10 to reap the benefits of the application efficiently. The latest Windows 10 OS system from Microsoft can help you to improve your accounting experience with the QuickBooks application. However, updating your operating system is optional. In this post, we will discuss what QuickBooks version is compatible with Windows 10 to make the most out of your accounting software.
Want to hear from experts about which Windows 10 version works best for QuickBooks Desktop? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430 now
New Updates & Features Of Microsoft Windows 10
Before we discuss the QuickBooks compatibility with Windows 10, let’s have a look at the new updates and features of MS Windows 10:
- The task switcher is one of the most compelling features of Windows 10.
- The smart menu in Windows 10 resembles very much to the start menu in Windows 7.
- It has a new version of .NET Framework (4.6) that makes it more efficient in carrying out several tasks.
- Windows 10 is compatible with the Internet Explorer 11 and boasts a new browser EDGE.
How To Determine What Version Of Windows 10 You Are Using?
To understand the QuickBooks compatibility with Windows 10, you need to know your Windows 10 version in the first place. To check the current version of the Windows 10, follow the below-given steps:
- Click the Start menu and then type About your PC in the search area.
- Next, you need to click on your PC, and it will open the Windows specification screen.
- Scroll down the screen and check your Windows version.
Supported Versions Of QuickBooks Desktop On Windows 10
After knowing your version of the Windows 10, let’s check the supported QuickBooks versions on Windows 10:
QuickBooks 2014 And Earlier Version:
QuickBooks 2014 and earlier versions of the application are not compatible with the Windows 10. If you want to continue using the QuickBooks, upgrade it to QuickBooks 2015 or later versions.
QuickBooks 2015 And 2016 (R1 –R6):
When you try to open QuickBooks 2015 or 2016 on Windows 10, you might succeed in doing so. However, to do it successfully, you need to have .NET Framework enabled on your system. It can ensure the QuickBooks compatibility with Windows 10.
QuickBooks 2016 R7 And Later:
All the users having QuickBooks 2016 R7 can work with the Windows 10 without any technical hindrances. If you are using a version earlier than R7, it is recommended to update QuickBooks to the latest release. If you are using QuickBooks 2016 R7 or later, it is not essential to update the QuickBooks application. All the versions of the QuickBooks 2016 R7, or later versions can be utilized using Windows 10 OS.
Windows 10 versions that are compatible with QuickBooks Desktop
Down below we have mentioned the Windows 10 versions that are supported by the QuickBooks desktop application. These versions works best with the QuickBooks desktop:
- Windows 10 version 1809 is compatible with QuickBooks desktop 2020.
- Windows 10 version 1803 supports QuickBooks versions of 2017-20.
- Windows 10 version 1709 also suitable for QuickBooks 2017-20.
Microsoft has discontinued the following versions. You need to get the latest update of Windows 10 if you’re using their Home and Pro versions :
- Windows 10 version 1507
- Windows 10 version 1511
- Windows 10 version 1607
- Windows 10 version 1703
How To Make QuickBooks 2015 Compatible With Windows 10?
To make QuickBooks Desktop 2015 compatible with Windows 10, you need to ensure that the .NET Framework is enabled. Follow the below-given steps:
- Click the Start button on your Desktop and then locate the option Turn Windows features On or Off.
- Click the option and move further.
- Next, it will open a dialogue box where you need to spot .NET Framework 3.5 as well as .NET Framework 4.5.
- Make sure that the .NET Framework is enabled. If not, checkmark the box against the option to enable it.
- In the end, click Save to finish the task.
These steps can ensure the QuickBooks 2015 compatibility with Windows 10.
Need Help From QB experts?
This post can help you to understand the QuickBooks versions compatible with windows 10. If you have any queries in your mind, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. In no time, you will be connected to one of the experienced QB experts who will resolve all your doubts related to QuickBooks compatibility with Windows 10.