QuickBooks is a hub of advanced features and technical glitches, all at the same time. This blog aims to cover maximum information around one such error known as QuickBooks Error C=51, which arises when the users try to access their company file. If we talk about an in-depth reason, C=51 comes up when the user is attempting to remove a transaction or has already a missing transaction in the txLists. In some situations, a message starts flashing on the screen saying, “QuickBooks is not able to find the TxList file.” To acquire more knowledge on the same, dive into our detailed blog below.
We realize how frustrating it must be to deal with QuickBooks Error C=51 all on your own. But why do it yourself, when there is an expert team waiting to assist you anytime? Ring our specialists at 800-579-9430 right now.
Related article to Read: Learn How to fix QuickBooks Error 14106
Factors Promoting QuickBooks Error Code C=51
- A broken or weak internet connection contributes majorly to the occurrence of error C=51.
- If some transactions go missing or have been deleted accidentally, the error might come up.
- A damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
Fix Error Code C=51 in QuickBooks
We have now come to the prominent part of the blog, which discusses the best approaches to follow to get rid of QuickBooks Desktop Error C=51. Read carefully –
Troubleshooting Method 1 – Run the Verify and Rebuild Data Tool in QuickBooks
The Verify and Rebuild tool is run on the company file to not only diagnose the hidden issues inside it, but also fix them simultaneously –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on the File tab and click on Utilities.
- Select the Verify Data option from the given list.
- The program will run a check on your company file to detect the fault.
- If this action prompts a message saying, ““QuickBooks detected no problems with your data,” everything is good to go.
- Or else, you will be displayed with a text saying, “Your data has lost integrity.” After seeing this, you must Rebuild your data following the steps below.
- Click on the File menu again and select Utilities.
- Choose the Rebuild Data option.
- The tool will ask you to create a backup of your company file and authorize it by tapping OK.
- Browse for the location where you want to store this backup.
- Allow the tool to complete the process.
- You will know that everything has been checked, when you see this message on your screen – “Rebuild has completed.”
- Hit the OK button.
- At last, you must rerun the Verify Data tool to confirm there is no more damage in the company file.
Troubleshooting Method 2 – Try to Restore / Recreate the Deleted Transactions
Deleted transactions cannot be restored in QuickBooks Desktop. The only way to have them back in your records is to view what was deleted, and then recreate them again. This is how you need to do it-
- Open QuickBooks.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Press the Audit Log option.
- You will see a Filter drop-down menu on the screen, tap on it.
- Here, you need to choose the accurate User, Date and Event you are looking for.
- Hit the Apply button.
- The following screen will display you the deleted transactions. You can simplify your search by pressing the Ctrl key + F on your keyboard to open the Search option. Now type Delete in the search space and hit the Enter key.
- After this, go to the History section and click on the View button.
- When you move to the Event column here, all the required information will appear on your screen.
- At last, save the information that you see under the Audit Log section. Use it to recreate or re-enter the transaction in your records again. Ensure that you use the initial date of transaction.
Troubleshooting Method 3 – Verify your Internet Connection
If you are working on a Wifi service, you will have to perform some basic troubleshooting following the steps below –
- Disconnect your device from the Wifi.
- Turn off your Wifi router for a while.
- Restart it again and reconnect your device again with the Wifi.
- If this does not help, you will have to contact your service provider to check the issue with the service.
- In the meanwhile, try switching to a hard-wired connection or you could even try using a mobile network, just to ensure if the issue is with the network or not.
- Finally, if you are working on a public network, disconnect from it right away as they are unsafe for the confidential data stored on your device and bring in virus into the system while slowing down the speed of operations.
Related article to Read: Best Way to Fix QuickBooks outlook email not working
After a detailed session of learning and understanding about QuickBooks Error C=51, we hope that our blog provided you with adequate information about the same also supported you in eliminating the error from your device. If you have any remaining doubts or wish to provide feedback, feel free to connect with our certified professionals at +1-800-579-9430 anytime, anywhere.