TurboTax is a top choice for small to mid-size businesses to carry out their accounting needs and offer a wide range of features and services to perform other workspace chores efficiently. However, its users often face some bugs and issues that affect even the minimal operations of the application. One such issue is the TurboTax error 2329, which shows up when the user tries to download the software updates from the browser. It is not a listed TurboTax error code and generally occurs due to corruption in the Windows OS. More on the issue is given in the blog below.
To get an effective solution for TurboTax error 2329, you need on-the-line assistance from an expert on the matter. Call on the toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 to get one immediately
What are the Reasons behind the TurboTax Windows Installer Error 2329?
If you are getting the error 2329 while updating TurboTax, you must find its root cause before fixing it. Some of its causes are mentioned below.
- The Windows is not updated.
- The browser cache is corrupted and causing the error 2329 while updating TurboTax.
- The Windows Firewall or some other third-party anti-virus software is blocking the updates from downloading in the computer.
- The user is not logged in as administrator of the computer system.
- The internet connection is very slow.
What are the Steps to Fix the TurboTax Error 2329?
Try the solutions stated below one by one to get rid of the TurboTax error code 2329 from your computer system.
Solution- 1: Update Your Windows OS
The issue often arises due to outdated Windows version. Make sure that your Windows OS is updated to its latest release by following the steps mentioned below.
Important- After updating the Windows, uninstall and then reinstall the TurboTax application.
For Windows 10 Users
- Close the TurboTax application and go to the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on the Update & Security tab, and select the Windows Update option.
- Choose the Check for Updates button, and the updates will automatically start to download.
- Once the update is completed, restart the computer.
For Windows 8.1 Users
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and click on Settings.
- Select Change PC Settings and choose Update and recovery.
- Click on Windows Update and select Check now to look for any available updates to download.
- Once the updates are downloaded, restart the computer to install them.
Solution- 2: Clear the Cache of your Web Browser
The cache from the old websites accumulated for a long time could be corrupted and driving issues while you download the TurboTax updates. Delete the old cache from your web browser by following the steps mentioned below.
For Google Chrome Users
- Go to the Chrome browser on your computer and select the More icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on More tools and select Clear Browsing Data.
- Select All Time from the drop-down menu and hit the Clear Data button.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
- Open the browser and select the Menu button (three horizontal bars).
- Click on Options and go to the Privacy & Security panel.
- Select the Clear Data button in the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Uncheck the box against Cookies and Site Data and select the Clear option.
For Safari Users
- Open the Safari application and hover the mouse over History.
- Click on Clear History and select All Time on the pop-up menu.
Solution- 3: Disable the Windows Firewall
The system’s firewall may be blocking the update’s download. To turn off the Windows Firewall, follow the steps written below.
- Press the Windows Key to open the Start menu.
- Click on Control Panel and select System and Security.
- Go to Windows Firewall and click on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Turn off Windows Firewall to disable the Windows Firewall.
- Do the same with your anti-virus software (if any).
Solution- 4: Run the DISM Command
The DISM tool (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) is used to fix the update errors in the Windows operating system. You can try running the utility to fix any underlying bugs and issues causing the error by following the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows Key to open the Start menu and type Command Prompt on the search bar.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.
- In the black window, type DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth and press the Enter key.
- The command can take up to one hour to complete the restoration. After it completes, restart the computer system.
Solution- 5: Check if your Internet Connection is Working
It might be possible that your internet connection is too weak to sustain the downloading process or that it’s not even working. Follow the instructions below to assess the situation and resolve the problem immediately.
- Start a new web session by opening your browser.
- Go to the websites that you haven’t visited in a long time.
- If you cannot access those websites, restart your wifi-router and try to download the updates again.
Other Solutions to Try
- Try running TurboTax as Administrator.
- Run an anti-virus scan of your system to fix issues caused by malware or virus.
At this point, we would like to end our blog on the TurboTax error 2329. We hope that the solutions mentioned in the blog are easy to follow and helps you get back on track. However, if that doesn’t happen even after trying out all the troubleshooting methods mentioned above in the article, call on the helpline number 1.800.417.5147 anytime to get immediate assistance from TurboTax experts.