QuickBooks enables multiple users to work on the same company file, and the user with the administrative privileges can assign the other users with various levels of password-protected access rights to open, view, or edit the company files. When you switch from single-user to multi-user mode, sometimes it can give QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. There are several reasons that can bring forth QuickBooks multi-user mode errors. In this post, we will discuss the possible causes behind the error and resolve them with the most relevant solution.
If you need help when QuickBooks stuck in multi-user mode, give us a call on our support number 1.800.579.9430 and connect with certified QuickBooks experts
Why Do We Need To Work In QuickBooks Multi-User Mode?
QuickBooks multi-user mode enables users to work more efficiently with an enhanced collaboration to share the company records and work progress. There are several other benefits you can harvest by working in multi-user mode in the application. Check the below-given list:
- It enables printing bills and checks at the same time from different users.
- You can generate Invoices from Estimates and Bills from Purchase Orders.
- It also allows users to scan generated checks by using the Scan Check Merchant Choice of QuickBooks option.
What Are The Possible Causes That Can Trigger QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Errors?
Below are some common reasons that can promote multi-user mode errors in QuickBooks:
- When QuickBooks fails to get the IP address for the system
- When you try to access a company file located on the other computer in single-user mode
- Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings can also cause QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error.
- When your Anti-virus application does not give access to the computer where you have saved your company file
It is important to discuss the possible causes behind the QuickBooks not connecting to the server in multi-user mode issues to make the troubleshooting, a less daunting task.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Stop Hosting Multi-User Access Error?
Follow the below-given solutions for the resolution of multi-user mode not working error in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Application
If you are unable to work in multi-user mode, it is possible that the installation of the application is either incomplete or damaged. To resolve this problem, follow the below-given steps:
- Click on the Windows Start icon and then go to the Control Panel.
- Now go to Program and Features and then try to locate QuickBooks on the list.
- Click on the QuickBooks icon and perform the complete un-installation process.
- Wait until the application uninstalls successfully and then download a suitable version of the QuickBooks application from the Inuit’s legit website.
- Now click on Multi-user mode hosting to finish the task.
If the QuickBooks Multi-User mode errors continue, then jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Configure The Default Settings
To perform this solution, follow the below-given steps:
- Launch QuickBooks application in the first place and then click on Files option
- Click Utilities from the drop-down menu and then choose Host Multi-user Access option
- You may now add the number of the users to work on your company file
- If the multi-user mode is already enabled, you will see the option to turn multi-user mode off, where you need to select Cancel
- Now create different login credentials to provide different users with different password-protected access levels.
This post is a genuine attempt to help users dealing with QuickBooks multi-user problem H202 errors. The steps mentioned in this post can help you resolve QuickBooks multi-user mode error. However, if you face any technical unease while performing the troubleshooting steps or have any queries in your mind, give us a call on our support phone number 1.800.579.9430. It will connect you with a certified QuickBooks Pro-Advisors who will take charge and assist you in the resolution of the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error.