While using QuickBooks, “Something you’re trying to use has been made Inactive-” or “Something’s not quite right” if you get one of those errors on the screen, you need to resolve it as soon as possible. Both of these errors can be displayed because it may happen that a user is using inactive information while processing a transaction in the QuickBooks program. Find all the solutions on how you can tackle the following glitch in this article.
If “Something you’re trying to use has been made inactive” error message is flashing on your screen, and you need help from professionals, dial our helpline number 1.800.579.9430
What does the error message “Something you’re trying to use has been made Inactive” means?
The error message you’re receiving means that, a field with accounts, items, vendors, or employees has been made inactive. You will need to go through all of these and check that none of your Payroll Settings has any inactive items. This error occurs when the customer, item, vendor, and/or class on a bill or the bill itself that is trying to sync has been deleted in QuickBooks Online, and sync cannot update or create the bill.
To remap the accounts in Payroll Settings, follow these quick and easy steps:
- At first, Go to the Gear option, and then visit the Payroll Settings.
- After that, go to the accounting column and Under the Accounting section, click on the Preferences.
- Right after that, On the screen will be displayed a list of payroll items and their mapped accounts. You can change any of the accounts using the drop-downs and click on Save Changes.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks, Something Has Been Made Inactive Error?
- You will receive an error message “Something you’re trying to use has been made inactive. Checks the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees”.
- If your system has incurred that error, it will start working slowly
- Apart from that, all the active programs on your system will crash
- If your system has that error, then, you will no longer be able to import or access the bank data
Why Does Error, “Something you’re trying to use has been made Inactive” Takes Place?
- If you are using inactive information, then this error may take place.
- If your system is having any issue with the bank’s server, then this error may occur
- The error also occurs due to poor network server of the user’s PC
- At times, the deleted information is not completely wiped, and the error incurs.
What are some measures to deal with QuickBooks “Something Has Been Made Inactive” Issue?
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and click at the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- After that, click on the Gear icon
- Now, move to Tools and click on Audit Log
- Once done, select Filter from the drop-down list
- Later, Go to User drop-down menu and hit on All User
- Choose Date from the drop-down menu
- Then, first Click on Events and after that click on Choose only these events
- Verify the Lists box and click on Apply
- Restart the system and open QB to check the following error
- Firstly, open QuickBooks account
- From the left side of the menu, click on Employees
- After that, move to the Employees List from the Drop-Down menu
- Select Inactive Employees
- Restart your system
The users face this error when the employee you need to pay has been made inactive in QuickBooks Online. If you want to track for inactive employees that need to be reactivated, follow the steps below:
- From the left menu, choose workers and then select employees.
- From the Employees List drop-down menu, select Inactive Employees.
If none of the employees you are processing payroll is inactive, follow the steps mentioned below:
Also, you need to verify if the bill got deleted itself in QuickBooks Online. If you found the deleted document, reactivate it, and after that sync again. If due to any technical error, you cannot reactivate the deleted item, or if you see that nothing has been deleted, contact the support team.
Read More: Assisted Payroll Service
Was It Helpful?
Through this blog, we have tried our best to help you resolve the error, “Something you’re trying to use has been made Inactive.” We hope that with the above troubleshooting methods you might have solved it as well. However, due to any reason your error remains unsolved then, you are advised to contact our helpline number 1.800.579.9430
for further assistance.