QuickBooks error code (-12 0) showing up on your screen and you are unable to perform any task on the QuickBooks application? Don’t worry; we are here to help.
After receiving several email requests from users, we have finally created a comprehensive troubleshooting guide, which will help users to resolve this error code without needing any expert assistance. We understand error codes are annoying, as they hamper your daily accounting and bookkeeping tasks. So, it’s time to keep your worries aside and resolve the issue like a geek with the help of the easy steps mentioned below.
If you need professional’s assistance in the resolution of QuickBooks Desktop Error Code (-12 0), feel free to dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430
Things to Know About QuickBooks Error Code (-12 0)
Below are some important facts you need to know about QuickBooks error- 12, 0:
- Error Code Number: Error (-12 0)
- Error Name: Quickbooks Error Code (-12 0)
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, XP, Vista.
- Error Message: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Error Description: QuickBooks Error code 12 0 occurs when the user doesn’t have administrative permissions to perform certain operations within QuickBooks.
Below are some main symptoms of QuickBooks error 12 0 that depict the error:
- QB error code (-12 0) pops up on the screen, and dynamic program window crashes before loading.
- This QuickBooks Error code is shown with the error message “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- When the error message shows up, that says, “An issue has been identified, and Windows has been closed down to counteract harm to your PC.”
- When error messages, “QuickBooks has experienced an issue and needs to close” appears on your screen.
- Windows is running slow or not responding.
There are multiple causes that give rise to QuickBooks Error -12 0. Here we have mentioned some of the possible causes, which may be responsible for the error message you have encountered on your computer screen.
- It may erupt because of the faulty Windows registry.
- Inappropriate Entries of Nonexistent Programs.
- Improper software installation or configuration
- Any file may be missing.
- Computer systems may be infected.
- Wrong User Input
If you want to learn about the exact reasons why you are getting this QuickBooks Error code, then we suggest you connect with pro advisors via QuickBooks Error support helpline number (855) 526-5749.
- Ensure that the user has Administrative rights to open the file or perform any given task within QuickBooks.
- Check if Quickbooks service has been stopped.
Easy Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error code 12 0
Here we have mentioned four different steps to troubleshoot this QuickBooks Error code. Each step is comprehensive and can be easily implemented to fix the error in real-time. Users should ensure that each step is carried out carefully to resolve the problem.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop application on your system and press the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Further, press Ctrl key + 1 together on your keyboard to launch the Product Information Window.
- QuickBooks Product Information Window will appear on your computer screen.
- Memorize the QuickBooks version showing at the top left side of the window, as we would need the product version details further in the next troubleshooting step.
- Press Windows + R key together on your keyboard.
- “Run” Window will appear on the lower-left corner of your computer screen.
- Below the message that says, “Type the name of a program, folder, document, or Internet resource, and Windows will open it for you,” you will find a search bar.
- Enter “Services.msc” in the search bar.
- Further, click on “OK” or press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
- Find and click on QBDataServiceUserXX in the listed service displayed on your screen. Here “XX” stands for the QuickBooks version you are using.
- On the left side of your screen, under QuickBooksDBXX, you will find a “Restart” button. Click on “Restart” to proceed further.
Now Right-click the service name and choose “Properties.”
- Go to the Security tab and click “Everyone for Group” or specific “User Names.”
- Assign QuickBooks Full Control
- Reset the permission settings for QuickBooks application on Windows
- Choose Full Control under Permissions for each option.
- Click on the “Apply” button and further click on “OK.”
- For more info follow the article How to manually reset folder and file permissions in Windows.
In the last step, the user needs to run QuickBooks File Doctor scans on their QuickBooks Desktop application to find and resolve common issues that erupt because of improper installation of various programs and other technical glitches on Windows.
Need Professional’s Assistance?
Hope you find this troubleshooting guide easy to implement, and you were able to fix the QuickBooks Error 12 0 on your own. If you are unable to troubleshoot this error and facing the same problem, then we highly suggest you contact QB certified experts through dedicated QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430.