QuickBooks Error 1706 is mainly confronted during the software installation and is also called a point-of-sale error. This technical fault is a Microsoft Windows error, which, when arises, shows a message saying ‘No valid source could be located while opening Point of Sale.’ It is of the utmost importance to eliminate this error efficiently, and hence we have shortlisted a few troubleshooting solutions and have jotted it down below in simplified steps. In addition, you will also find some relevant causes behind this glitch & its symptoms as well.
Getting rid of such errors could be troublesome, and even a single misstep can lead to more significant technical problems. Therefore, it is always suggested that you get in touch with an expert to solve this error seamlessly. Call our helpline at 1.800.417.5147 and appoint a certified professional for the smooth resolution of this error
Causes for the QuickBooks Error 1706
Scaling out the clear justifications aids in employing more effective troubleshooting. Accordingly, we have listed down below some of the most probable rationales behind this error:
- Incorrect or Beta Framework of Microsoft .NET 1.1 in your system.
- The software CD you use to install the QuickBooks software may be damaged.
- Inappropriate or Damaged Windows Registry.
- Corruption in the installation of the Point of Sale (POS).
- Wrong installation or settings of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
You might not have correctly set up your firewall settings, resulting in the QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 1706. Always try clinging to your default settings and even if changes are required, ensure to reboot after the changes again.
Symptoms for the QuickBooks Error 1706
Signs and symptoms are something that highly aids us in figuring out the error, and hence these could be some of the most significant symptoms of this error:
- QuickBooks software or your system is not responding to the inputs given.
- Your Windows Operating System is slow or has crashed.
QuickBooks is acting extremely slow and sluggish, accompanied by Windows freezing and so on. These could be some significant symptoms of Error 1706 while installing the QuickBooks POS.
Step-wise Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1706 Quickly & Easily
Solution 1: Uninstall and then again Install the QuickBooks Point of Sale
There is quite a possibility that the installation could have been corrupted or partial. Sometimes, the application loses its connection with the system and to re-sync and set everything, it is necessary to perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks Point of Scale.
- Search for the QuickBooks POS and uninstall it; later, reinstall it.
- Launch the file, which is named the ‘POS Executable File.’
- Try to overwrite the extracted files provided if you are receiving such prompts.
- You will come across an ‘all positive’ option; click on it.
- Ensure to keep your license number, product number and QuickBooks password accessible.
- Enter the credentials in the given spaces.
- Cross-check that there are no spaces while typing the requisite details.
- Select the mode that you have to use the QuickBooks software in and as well as the mode for POS.
- Press on the single-user only if the standalone system is utilized to install the QuickBooks software.
- If you wish to use it on multiple systems, switch to multi-user mode.
- Reboot your system to assure that the QuickBooks Desktop Error 1706 is settled.
Solution 2: Ensure to Update the QuickBooks Point of Sale to its latest version
Using the older version of any software can suppress us from accessing the latest available features. Due to the outdated version, many errors are confronted and updating it can resolve all of them by allowing precise syncing of the software and the system.
- Click on the ‘drop down’ icon to refresh the recently appeared web page.
- Then head towards the ‘Product’ menu with a drop-do-down icon.
- Select the ‘QuickBooks Point of Sale’ now.
- Confirm that you are clicking on the correct edition and the version.
- Tap on the link that says ‘Get the latest Updates.’
- Save all the changes as well as the updated file
- Restart your computer as a final step in the QuickBooks POS Error 1706 fixation.
Solution 3: Install and run the ‘Microsoft Fixit Tool’
These diagnostic tools are meticulously constructed to analyze and rectify the errors and then bestow the report, asking for permission to resolve it automatically. One such software is ‘Microsoft Fixit Tool’ that can be at your disposal if you follow the below steps:
- From your home screen, go to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Then navigate the search bar and search for the QuickBooks software.
- Right-click on it and then select ‘Run as administrator’ from the given options available.
- If you are a Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 user, then assure to run the DISM tool.
- Run it before using the system file checker.
- Again, in the search box, type ‘SFC Command’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Keep the window open until the entire verification process gets completed.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale error 1706 must be fixed after this.
Solution 4: Clear your ‘Windows Temp’ Folder
Clearing the Windows Temp folder can also assist in removing all the junk files causing this error. Clearing these files can create extra storage, ensuring a smooth user experience. Clear the junk files from the ‘Windows Temp’ folder by clinging to the steps listed below:
- Open the Start menu and then go to the search box.
- Search for ‘%temp%’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Select all such affiliated files that appeared and delete them.
- Restart your system and the QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Error 1706 could easily be resolved through these efficient troubleshooting solutions. However, this is a crucial yet complicated error that can cause further technical damage if not cured on time. Hence, we have kept a team of trained & skilled experts ready at your service. Dial 1.800.417.5147 and let our tech specialists solve this error for you.