Scheduling a local backup in QuickBooks can secure your financial information against data loss or disruption. QuickBooks enables you to save and access your company records and backup it to be recovered in case of data loss. The backup company file has the extension .QBB, which can be scheduled to be restored if you ever run into problems. If you are wondering where does QuickBooks backup data or how to backup your QuickBooks Desktop company file, read this post until the end.
How to send a backup copy of QuickBooks? Dial our support number 1.800.579.9430 to get all your queries answered by certified QB experts
How To Schedule Back Of Your Company File?
On scheduling a local backup in QuickBooks application, you can perform your regular accounting operations with increased peace of mind. However, you can backup your QuickBooks company file manually with a few simple steps. Here we will discuss both ways to secure your company file. Let’s proceed:
Step 1: Create A Backup Company (.QBB) File
The backup company file can save everything in your company file that includes various crucial information such as accounting data, templates, letters, logos, images, and various others. However, it does not create a QuickBooks payroll backup.
Step 2: Schedule Automatic Backup In QuickBooks
Below are the steps that can help you in scheduling a local backup in QuickBooks automatically:
- Go to the QuickBooks and select Switch to Single-user Mode from the File menu.
- Again, from the File menu, hover over Back up Company and select Create Local Backup.
- Now select Local Backup and then hit Next.
- Next, in the Local Backup Only section, you need to select Browse and further select a suitable location for your backup company file.
- Set the number of backups you want to keep as per your requirements.
- Proceeding further, in the Online and Local Backup section, select Complete verification. It will run a test to ensure that your backup file is in optimal shape.
- Select OK.
- Select Save it now and schedule future backups option and then click Next. In case you don’t want to save a backup now, select Only schedule future backups.
- Checkmark the box for “Save backup copy automatically when I close my company file.” Then select the frequency of the scheduled backup.
- Select New and fill out the data fields to create a backup schedule. You have the option to choose a specific time or day of the week for the backup.
- Click OK once you are done. Provide your Windows sign-in password to enable QuickBooks to run the scheduled backup.
- Select Finish.
The above-stated steps make QuickBooks create a backup and schedules your future backups at the same time. You will also receive a confirmation message for the same.
Step 3: Restore Your Backup
Now that you know how to schedule automatic QuickBooks backup, you can restore it when required. You can find your backup file having the name of your company file with an extension .QBB. If you want to keep your backup company file on an external storage device, you will need to move them to your local drive in the first place.
Automatic Backup Not Running!
The steps described in this post can help you in scheduling a local backup in QuickBooks application. However, if you are not sure about any of the steps or need help from certified QuickBooks experts in getting the task done, feel free to dial our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. It will connect you to an expert immediately who will guide you in scheduling a local backup in QuickBooks.