When you restore a recent backup of the QuickBooks company file, you may experience that the sales tax not showing up in QuickBooks application or other related tax reports are not available to view. The error can take place when the sales tax option is turned off. Besides, the error can also take place due to your Internet browser issues. When the error occurs, you may not be able to view your sales tax reports. In this post, we will discuss some handy troubleshooting solutions to fix “sales tax not showing up in QuickBooks” error.
Wondering, why I cannot find the sales tax liability report? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430 to get in touch with the experienced QB geeks for the error resolution
Why Is My Sales Tax Not Showing Up On My Invoice? Possible Reasons
Below are some common reasons due to which you may not see the sales tax reports in QuickBooks:
- The Sales tax feature is turned off.
- Issues with your web browser
- Delete browser cache to resolve the error.
How To Troubleshoot Sales Tax Not Showing Up In QuickBooks Error?
If you are not able to see your sales tax report, it can hamper your day to day business accounting. To resolve the error, follow the below-given troubleshooting steps.
Sales Tax Feature Is Not Turned On
The Sales tax liability report and other related reports won’t appear if you have turned this feature off in QuickBooks. To turn it on, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the Edit menu and then select Preferences.
- From the pop-up, you need to choose Sales Tax.
- Next, move to the Company Preferences tab and select Yes for the prompt Do you charge sales tax?
- Click OK to proceed and go back to the Report Center to check if the sales tax liability report is already visible.
- After that, go to the Reports menu and select Reports Center.
- Choose Vendors & Payables and further select Sales Tax Liability.
Why Is My Sales Tax Not Showing Up On My Invoice, Even After I Click The Taxable Icon?
If your sales tax not showing up in QuickBooks, due to the browser issues, follow the below-stated solutions.
Solution 1: Open QuickBooks In Private Window
To Open Private Window In Chrome:
- Open Chrome on your computer and go to the top-right corner.
- Now click More and select New Incognito Window.
- Alternatively, Press CTRL + Shift + N on Windows or Linux OS
To Open Private Window In Internet Explorer:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and hit Safety
- Hit on Private browsing
- Or, Press CTRL + Shift + P together on your keyboard.
To Open Private Windows In Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your computer
- Go to the upper right corner and click on Firefox menu
- Select New Private Window
- You may also press Shift + CTRL + P keys together on your keyboard
If sales tax not showing up in QuickBooks, try the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Clear The Browser Cache
Your browser’s cache saves files on your computer so that you can load websites faster when you need to open it next time. However, with the passing time, it gets full of the outdated files that may cause small issues. You may not be able to view your forms or the sales tax not showing up in QuickBooks error may appear. To resolve the error, you need to clear the browser’s cache.
Get In Touch With QB Experts!
The steps discussed in this post can answer your query “where do I find a sales tax report in QuickBooks?”. If you feel the requirement to talk to a QB expert, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. Discuss with the expert that the sales tax not showing up in QuickBooks and get a hassle-free solution until the problem is resolved.