QuickBooks error 1304 can occur while installing the program using a CD on a Windows computer. Besides, you may also see the error while performing an upgrade or updating the software to the latest maintenance release. When the error takes place, it not only hampers the performance of the QuickBooks but also affects several windows applications. There can be different reasons that may promote error 1304 in QuickBooks. To find out some important information on this troublesome error code, read this blog until the end.
Having trouble in QuickBooks installation? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get fast technical assistance from experienced professionals
QuickBooks Error Code 1304 : Description
While installing QuickBooks software using CD, you may get QuickBooks error message 1304 on your screen that says “Error writing to file [THBImg45.dll]. Verify that you have access to that directory.” There can be another file name in the bracket, depending on which file is causing the error. Error: 1304 mainly takes place due to issues in the installation CD. However, you need to keep track of some other factors that may evoke QuickBooks writing to file error 1304.
Below are the reasons that may prevent you from installing QB software or updating it to the latest release:
- QB installer is not able to read the installation files from CD deployed in the installation process
- Issues in the installation CD may also evoke QB error 1304
- A Damaged Microsoft .NET Framework can also bring forth the error while updating QuickBooks
When the error occurs, an error message strikes recklessly on your screen, crashing the active window. It interrupts the installation process of the QuickBooks with the error code 1304. Due to the error, QuickBooks stops working properly and may not be able to perform your accounting operations with the software. Furthermore, the system becomes lethargic, and the console does not receive any input data.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 1304?
In this procedure, you need to copy the whole installation software, including all files and folders to your computer’s local storage to complete the installation process and avoid any data disruption.
- Insert the CD in your computer’s CD ROM. (If it immediately initiates the installation, click Quit)
- Now right-click anywhere on your Desktop where there is a blank space
- Hover your cursor over the New and select Folder from the list
- Name the folder as “QBInstall.”
- From Windows File Explorer, double-click CD Drive
- Select all the files by pressing CTRL+A on your keyboard and then CTRL+C to copy.
- Back to the newly created folder QBInstall, open the folder and paste the copied files by pressing CTRL+V
- Once all files are moved, locate and double-click setup.exe file to start the installation process
If QuickBooks error 1304 “error writing to file” persists, move to the next troubleshooting process.
Some Microsoft Components such as MSXML, C++, and .NET Framework are essential for the efficient installation and functioning of the QuickBooks software. If you are getting QuickBooks error 1304 while installing the program, then you need to repair the damaged .NET Framework. Use the link to download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool and repair the component with the given instructions. On the same page, you will also find other details about the tool, such as system requirements, installation instructions, and other additional information.
NOTE: If none of the troubleshooting steps mentioned above helps, then try running QuickBooks File Doctor. For detailed instructions on running the tool follow Intelligible User Guide on QuickBooks File Doctor.
If you want to get assisted with the troubleshooting procedures, dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430. In a few seconds, you will be connected to a certified QB technician who will help you to eliminate the QuickBooks error 1304 swiftly.