While importing a Web Connect file (.QBO) from your bank’s website, you may receive QuickBooks Web Connect import error “no new transactions” error. The error message reads that there are no new transactions available. There are several possible reasons behind this error, such as a damaged QuickBooks company file. When the error appears, you may not be able to download your bank transactions into QuickBooks. In this post, we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks Web Connect import error “no new transactions”.
Not sure how to re-import bank transactions from QuickBooks? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147 to get help from qualified QB experts
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Web Connect Import Error?
While importing transactions from your bank’s website using QuickBooks Web Connect, you may get “no new transactions” due to the below-given steps:
- It is possible that the transactions have already been imported.
- The damaged QuickBooks company file can also trigger this annoying error.
- Your Web Connect (.QBO) statement covers dates previously imported into the company file.
- If the Web Connect file doesn’t contain any new transactions.
How To Fix The QuickBooks Web Connect Bank Transaction Import Error?
Now that you know all the common reasons behind QuickBooks Web Connect import error “no new transactions” issue, follow the below-given steps to fix the error.
Solution 1: Check the Dates
In the first place, you need to ensure that the date range of the imported Web Connect file is correct and does not overlap. For instance, once you have imported the transactions for July 1-30, next time you have to import the transactions for 1 August and later. It should not include any date between July 1-30. This practice can help you in avoiding the QuickBooks Web Connect import error “no new transactions” issue.
Solution 2: Switch to Register Mode
If the QuickBooks Web Connect import error persists after checking the import date range, you need to switch to the register mode:
- Click Edit and then go to Preferences.
- Now from the left pane, choose Checking and then move to the Company Preferences tab.
- Moving further, in the Bank Feeds section, click Classic Mode (Register Mode).
- Hit OK to finish the task.
If QuickBooks Web Connect import error “no new transactions” issue continues to trouble you, try the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 3: Try to Download a Test Company File
In the next troubleshooting procedure, we will try to download the transactions into a new company file. If it shows no error, it means that the problem is with the bank or the company file. Follow the below-given steps to carry the test:
- Go to the File menu, and click New Company.
- Next, you need to click on Express Start.
- On the newly created test file, add the erroneous bank account to the Chart of Accounts.
- After that, you need to set up the account in the Bank Feeds.
- In the end, try to download the transactions to test the account.
If it gives an error that reads: there are no new transactions available, then there is a problem with the web connect (.QBO) file. In this case, you need to review the Web Connect (.QBO) file for the apparent errors. Contact your bank if none of the above solutions brings luck to the troubleshooting procedure.
Read More: Top Three Ways to Backup QuickBooks Data Files
Solution 4. Deactivate, Create, Merge and Reactivate
Deactivating Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
- Move to the List menu and choose Chart of Accounts.
- Deactivate the account by right-clicking on it, then choose Edit Account.
- Next, get to the Bank Settings tab and select Deactivate all online services
- Click OK to confirm and then Save & Close.
Deactivating Bank Feeds from QuickBooks from Mac Users
- Go to the File menu and click the Charts of Accounts
- Choose the account and click on the pencil icon to edit.
- Next, click Online Settings.
- Select Not enabled option from the Download Transactions drop-down list.
- Click OK to confirm and close the window.
Creating a New Bank Account
- Again, go to the List menu and select Chart of Accounts.
- Right-click anywhere in the Chart of Accounts window and click New.
- Select a Bank for the Account type.
- Write the bank name in the Account Name
- At last, click Save & Close.
Steps to Merge the Accounts
- Rename the old account by right-clicking on it.
- Next, click Edit.
- Provide the new account name in the Account Name
- The merge dialog box appears on the screen, click on Yes.
Get Expert Assistance!
The steps discussed in this post can help with your query on “how do I import missing transactions in QuickBooks?”. If you need help from experienced QB professionals, feel free to give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147. Once you are connected to a dedicated expert, describe the symptoms of the QuickBooks Web Connect import error “no new transactions” issue and get immediate technical assistance.