Memorized transactions in QuickBooks are the transaction templates that can save your time and efforts and maintain the utmost accuracy in the data entry. Memorized transactions are those recurring transactions that repeat over a certain interval of time (weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually). However, due to some technical reasons, you may find QuickBooks memorized transactions not automatically entering. This blog post is a deliberate attempt to address the possible causes that can bring forth the Memorized transaction failure issues along with handy troubleshooting steps.
Your recurring transactions not working even after memorizing them? Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number (855)-526-5749 to get the desired help
Possible Reasons Why Memorized Transactions Won’t Post:
Below are the possible reasons that can cause auto-entry of memorized transactions not working issue-
- Not all the items in QuickBooks can be memorized, such as bill payments, paychecks, time records, sales tax payments, and various others. Make sure you are not memorizing any of these.
- Possible damage in QuickBooks data file can also evoke QuickBooks memorized transactions not automatically entering problem
- Improper permissions to access the QuickBooks company (.QBW) file
- Improper setup for memorized transaction
Check if you are not memorizing any of the items in QuickBooks before getting started with the troubleshooting procedure-
- Vendor bills
- Customer invoices
- Journal entries
- Purchase order
- Sales order
- Credit card charges
How To Resolve/Repair QuickBooks Desktop Memorized Transactions?
QuickBooks Memorized Transactions not automatically entering issue is a daunting technical glitch, you need to fix immediately. Follow these solutions to resolve memorized transaction automatic entry failure issue-
Solution 1: Sign-in As Windows Administrator
Sometimes, the recurring transactions not working issue takes place when a user does not have sufficient permissions. You need to log on as an administrator to surmount the technical nuisance.
- Click Start icon and then click the arrow next to Shutdown tab
- Click on Switch user on the top of the list and then type administrator account with username and password in the specified areas
- Hit Enter and then right-click QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Click Run as Administrator
If you have any doubts related to the steps, follow a detailed guide on how to log on as an Administrator on Windows. If the error in QuickBooks memorized automatic entry persists, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Delete & Recreate the Memorized Transaction
If QuickBooks memorized transactions are not automatically entering, consider deleting and recreating the memorized transactions.
To delete the memorized transactions:
- Press CTRL+T on your screen and it will open memorized transaction list
- Click the memorized transaction you want to delete
- Now click the memorized transaction link and delete it
- Click OK to confirm the deletion
To memorize your recurring transaction:
- From the main menu in QuickBooks, go to Edit and then select Memorize (Transaction Name)
- Provide it a Name and then choose how you want to manage your memorized transactions
- You will get to specify the following things to create a new memorized transaction- Add To My Reminder List: When you make this selection, you will need to fill How Often box where you can define the frequency of your recurring transaction.
- Do Not Remind Me: You can exempt a transaction, you don’t want to memorize
- Automate Transaction Entry: Fill How Often and Next Date fields
- Provide other necessary information and click OK >> Save & Close >> Save & Next
This solution can fix QuickBooks memorized transactions, not automatically entering. If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Make Use Of Verify & Rebuild Data Utility
QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data utility self determine and resolve known data integrity issues. Check our comprehensive article on how to use QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility. Now check if the memorized transaction failure issue is resolved after performing the steps.
Hope this blog has answered your query on how to get my memorized transactions to automatically enter in QuickBooks. If you experienced any technical difficulty while performing the solutions, just dial our QuickBooks error support number (855)-526-5749. Your dedicated professional will start working on QuickBooks Memorized Transactions, not automatically entering the issue in a minute’s notice.