QuickBooks error OL 221 is a banking error that takes place when a user tries to update the bank account in QuickBooks. Various connectivity issues can produce the error, and temporary server outage is also one of the apparent reasons among them. Knowing the possible causes behind the error can help you to eliminate the bank feed error code OL 221. Read the full blog to know the possible causes of the error and how you can get rid of them using simple solutions. Let’s proceed!
Feeling irritated due to QuickBooks Online error OL 221? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to acquire immediate help
What Are the Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Bank Feed Error OL 221?
Not one but many reasons can be credited to trigger QuickBooks error OL 221 while updating bank feeds. Check the below-given list, and after observing the possible causes, you can suppress them for the error resolution:
- Your bank server can be under maintenance giving rise to error OL 221
- It can be a connectivity issue with the Internet bringing forth the bank feed error
- An outdated version of the Windows or QuickBooks Desktop software
- Data damage in the QuickBooks company file
- The bank account you are using is inactive
- When an imported file has improper formatting
- Issues with the QuickBooks Web Connect
Things to Keep In Mind before Getting Started With Troubleshooting Solutions:
How to Eradicate QuickBooks Error Code OL 221?
Knowing the possible causes for the error OL 221 is the first step of the error-resolution. Now that you are aware of what you need to do for the error-troubleshooting, fix the error using solutions described below:
Solution 1: Modify Advanced Settings in Internet Explorer
In this procedure, you have to enable TSL 1.2 security protocol in your Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer and click Gear icon to open Internet options
- From under the Advanced tab, move to the Security options
- Uncheck the box against Use TLS 1.0 option
- Now checkmark the box against Use TLS 1.2 option
- Hit Apply and then OK to finish the task
- Restart Windows and try to perform the steps giving QB error OL 221
Solution 2: Make Use Of Verify & Rebuild Data Utility
Verify data utility in QuickBooks self-determines the data damage or other issues in the QuickBooks company file. The issues identified in the QuickBooks company file can be resolved by using Rebuild utility. Follow our detailed article on how to use QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild data utility to resolve the data integrity issues in QuickBooks. If QuickBooks error OL-221 persists, then try the next method for the error-resolution.
Solution 3: Create a Test Company File to Download Bank Transactions
Creating a test file can help you to identify if the error is caused due to the primary company file, or it is the bank server causing the error. Follow the below-given steps to create a new company file for testing:
- Open QuickBooks application and then from under the File menu select New Company >> Express Start
- Now add the bank account giving error message OL 221 in QuickBooks
- Try to download the banking transactions to the new company file
- If you can successfully download the transactions in the new company file, this indicated that there is an issue with your old company file.
The inability to download the bank feeds to the new company file indicates that either bank needs to verify your identity or the bank server is under maintenance. In this case, you need to contact your financial institution for the error resolution.
Solution 4: Disable All Online Service Accounts Related To QuickBooks
If none of the solutions helped in resolving bank feed error code OL 221 in QuickBooks, then follow the below-given steps:
- From the bottom of Charts of Accounts window in QBO, mark the box against Include Inactive
- Select the options to Deactivate the account and then quit.QBW file
- Open QuickBooks company file and reset all the deactivated accounts
Need More Help For QuickBooks Banking Error OL 221!
If more help is needed to resolve error OL 221 in QuickBooks, give us a call on our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147. Within a minute of noticing your issue, our experts will start working on the QB error OL-221 so that you can use your online services without any technical hindrance.