QuickBooks error C=387 is linked to QuickBooks Desktop and is not a commonly reported issue among users. Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is an excellent application for accounting tasks, but just like any other software, it is prone to errors. In this blog, we will focus on one particular error, error C=387. This error disrupts the normal functions, and users are left with no way to deal with it. If you are also have been facing QuickBooks error C=387, then this article is to your rescue.
Our support team has listed various steps in which you can fix this error manually, but if the need arises, our experts are just a call away on 1.800.417.5147
Fix QuickBooks Error C=387 in Just Three Steps
QuickBooks error C=387 is a technical error, and in order to fix this issue, our team of experts has listed three methods. By carefully using these steps, you will get rid of the error effortlessly.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
In the very first method, we will help you use the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix any error that is generated from issues in the company file. This method consists of various steps, and you must carefully follow them.
Step 1: Get QuickBooks Tool Hub on your System
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is a tool to troubleshoot QuickBooks, and before you download and install it check that you have Windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, if QuickBooks Desktop is open, close it.
- Open your web browser and access the latest version (22.214.171.124) of Tool Hub from Intuit’s site.
- You must save the file at an easily accessible location and let the download process get completed.
- The file will be downloaded as QuickBooksToolHub.exe to your specified location.
- Navigate to the downloaded file, and by launching it, you will initiate the installation process of Tool hub.
- Use the on-screen instruction for Tool Hub installation.
- In addition, you must agree to the terms & conditions for successfully getting the tool on your computer.
- After the installation, the tool will appear as an icon on your desktop.
Note: If the tool hub icon does not appear on your computer, you must click on the Start menu, and in the search bar, look for QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the program.
Step 2: Use the Quick Fix my File Function
- Open the Tool Hub and click on Company File Issues.
- Choose the Quick Fix my File option.
- Click on OK after the process completes and reopen QuickBooks.
If the QuickBooks error C=387 persists, try the next step of using QuickBooks File Doctor.
Step 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Go to the Tool hub and open it.
- Choose the Company File Issues and click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- Let the File Doctor take time to open up or if it does not open even after a few minutes, look for QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor to access it.
- Once you have QuickBooks File Doctor opened, use the drop-down menu to click on your company file.
- Click on Check your file and then press the Continue button.
- You must now use your QuickBooks admin credential.
- Choose Next which will initiate the scan process for your data file.
The process can take around 5 minutes, but this will clear most errors that are linked to your company file. Now, reopen QuickBooks and the company file to see if QuickBooks error C=387 persists.
Method 2: Repair the Data file with the Rebuild Data Tool
Apart from Tool hub, there is another tool that can help users fix company file errors. Rebuild Data tool, unlike the QuickBooks Tool Hub, is a built-in feature that helps deal with minor inconsistencies in QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks and towards the top of the screen, click on the File menu.
- Go to Utilities and then Rebuild Data.
- As soon as the QuickBooks Information window opens, click on OK.
- QuickBooks will guide you through creating a backup for your company file. Do as directed by the instructions on your screen.
- Soon after, the Rebuild Data tool will start working on the file.
- After the completion of the process, you will see the OK button. Click on it.
- Next, use the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Select Verify Data, and the tool will start looking for data errors in the company file.
There are two possible scenarios from here.
QuickBooks may not find any error, and you must click on OK. This denotes that there is no data damage, and if error C=387 is occurring, there is another reason.
Second, if QuickBooks finds an error, you must use the Rebuild Now option to repair it.
Method 3: Creating an Invoice
Since QuickBooks error C=387 can happen due to a damaged invoice template, you should create an invoice in an attempt to fix it.
- Open QuickBooks and choose the customer menu.
- Click on Create Invoice.
- Now you must add a Customer in addition to an Item with an amount.
- Towards the upper left side of the Invoice, press the Save button.
- Click on Delete and when the Delete Invoice pop-up appears, click on OK.
- You must now close and try opening the invoice again to see if QuickBooks error C=387 is fixed.
Still Facing QuickBooks Error C=387
This article on QuickBooks error C=387 comes to an end, and we hope that with the above three methods, you have found the one that works for you. Error Code C=387 is relatively uncommon, and hence, no set reasons are still not known; therefore, the error still may take place even after following the above solutions. In such a case, we highly suggest dialing the toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 to get in touch with the support team for guidance on this error.