QuickBooks hosts some of the most compelling features to make the work of small and mid-sized businesses easy. This has given the application a top spot amongst those who want to manage their accounts efficiently. In addition, it comprises features like Verify and Rebuild Data Utility which deal with errors that may crop up in the application. With these tools, users can manage internal glitches manually. But what if these tools develop errors? We are talking about QuickBooks Error C=272.
QuickBooks error C-272 may appear while using the verify and rebuild data utility or when trying to run a memorized report. These are the crucial functions in QuickBooks and call for an immediate resolution. We provide you the same through this blog, or you can even get a quick way out of this nuisance by contacting the support team on +1 800-579-9430
What could be Leading to QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
It is essential to have a list of reasons behind an error handy, and going by this, we have dedicated this section to talking about what could be leading to QuickBooks Error Code C=272. Below is the list of causes; once you study these, you can fix the error without hassle.
- A corrupted or damaged company file is a major reason for error code C=272 in QuickBooks.
- There has been an attempt to change the location of a report or report-like data.
- You may have attempted restarting QuickBooks multiple times, which has caused the QuickBooks Error C=272 to take place
- The conversion of the memorized report wasn’t successful, and this failed conversion may be leading to the error.
- The target bit set is outside the required range, and the Verify or Rebuild Data Utility has caught the same.
What Methods do Experts use to Solve the QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
We shall now take you through different methods that can be put to use so as to fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272. As a user, you must follow the instructions in the given set of order to avoid any damage to your crucial data.
Opening a sample company file in QuickBooks is a traditional way to understand if the error lies with the QuickBooks application or your company file. Steps to open a QuickBooks Sample Company File are listed below:
- Open the QuickBooks application while pressing the Ctrl key.
- No Company Open window will soon appear, and that is when you can let go of the Ctrl key.
- Click on the Open a sample file option and choose any sample file from the list.
- If the sample company file opens without displaying QuickBooks Error C=272, then your company file is damaged. In such a situation, you will need to run Verify and Rebuild Data Utility to repair your company file.
- In the case where the sample file does not open, you must proceed to the next solution.
This solution will help you see if the Windows compatibility mode is turned on or not, as it could be one reason for the occurrence of the error.
- Look for the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click on it to select the Properties option.
- Choose Compatibility and remove the checkmark from the Run this program in compatibility mode checkbox.
- Click on OK and then press the Cancel button.
Disabling the Windows compatibility setting of the QBW32.EXE file can help you deal with QuickBooks Error C=272. This works if the incompatibility between the file and operating system gives rise to the error. Follow the steps below for the same.
- You must search for the QuickBooks icon and right-click on it.
- You will see a small drop-down menu where you must click on Properties.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder and click on Shortcut.
- Next, choose the Find Target option.
- Once you see the QBW32.EXE File, right-click on it to select the Properties option.
- Go to Compatibility and uncheck the Run this program in compatibility mode checkbox.
- Hit on OK and then on Cancel.
- Close the Windows Explorer window and the QuickBooks Desktop properties window.
Many users have tried and tested the three methods above, and they have been able to get a fix for QuickBooks Error C=272. We hope the same for you, but if the error continues to exist every time you try to work on the application, the reason might be something other than the ones listed. Therefore, it is crucial to contact the technical team to find the root cause and solve the error. Call the support team on the toll-free number +1 800-579-9430. They are available to assist you 24 x 7.