When working on QuickBooks, usually, the error appears when performing particular operations. Such errors are easy to fix as they have a set of reasons, but then there are some errors like QuickBooks error 7149, which can take place anytime during the working of the application. This error appears with a message on the screen that says: “QuickBooks encountered an issue and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” To counter this unwanted error, we have curated this blog. Through the solutions listed in the blog, a user can manually fix the QuickBooks error 7149.
Since the error has no fixed reason for its occurrence, we suggest calling the support team on +1 800-579-9430 if you have failed to resolve it or want a quick fix
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 7149
Let us look at some of the reasons that cause QuickBooks Error 7149 to take place.
- If the installation of QuickBooks was hampered for some reason or the files got corrupted, it is possible to face various errors in the application.
- The Windows Registry is corrupted, leading to issues when working on QuickBooks.
- The system is infected by malware or certain virus.
- Antivirus software treats QuickBooks as a threat in the process of protecting your system.
The QuickBooks error code 7149 on taking place gives various early signs. Apart from appearing on the screen, some signs will depict the occurrence of the error. Here is the list of signs
- Error code will appear on your screen, displaying the occurrence of the error.
- Your system will start responding slowly to inputs.
- While working on QuickBooks, the computer frequently freezes, this can be an indication of QuickBooks error 7149.
Best ways to Manually fix QuickBooks Error 7149
Now that we have passed the reasons and symptoms section of QuickBooks error code 7149, here are the ways that will be useful to fix it manually.
The traditional way of repairing and reinstalling an application helps resolve the error linked to it. Similarly, QuickBooks error 7149 can be dealt with by repairing and reinstalling QuickBooks. As a user, here are the steps you must follow:
- Go to the Windows Start button, and in the text bar, type Control Panel to open it.
- Click on the Add or Remove Programs option.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you find it, right-click on it.
- Hit the Repair button.
- To complete the process, use the on-screen instructions by the system.
If the repair process did not help in solving the QuickBooks error 7149, then you must try to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks software.
- Use the same steps as directed above and when you see the Repair option, click on Uninstall option.
- On-screen instructions will guide you further.
- At last, use the CD or web browser to reinstall QuickBooks again.
Using the Registry Editor, we will help you to repair the Windows Registry manually. Follow the steps provided below:
- Hit the Start button and choose Run.
- Enter the text regedit in the search bar before hitting the Enter button.
- You must now search installed applications and delete their respective keys. It is possible that QuickBooks error 7149 is occuring due to these keys:
- Click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER section to expand it and then choose Software.
- Locate the keys concerning the name of uninstalled applications and remove them.
- Next, you must also delete duplicate keys of the uninstalled applications. Follow the steps below:
- Click on the Ctrl + F keys, which will open a Find text bar.
- Start entering the name of the uninstalled application and hit the Enter key. Keys that match the searched text will be highlighted.
- Delete this highlighted key.
- Use the F3 key to jump through matches and remove them.
- Additionally, you must also delete undesirable startup items. Here are the steps to accomplish the same:
- Go to the MyComputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version location.
- Hit Run, which will display the listicle of executable files that are used during Windows startup.
- You can delete the applications as per the requirement of what you want running during Windows startup and what you do not.
- Go to the following locations and repeat the same:
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
You must see if error 7149 in QuickBooks still persists.
Usually, when an antivirus treats the QuickBooks software as a threat, then it is possible to face QuickBooks error 7149. Therefore, you must disable any antivirus software on your system to work on QuickBooks without any error.
- Open the list of programs installed on your system and choose the antivirus icon.
- Right-click the icon to open the list of options.
- Click on the Disable option.
- Resort your system and try working on QuickBooks.
- Additionally, you can use the safe mode of your system to avoid any interruption in the working of the application.
Antivirus software on the system serves the purpose of removing any malware or virus that has potentially infected the system and hence led to QuickBooks Error 7149.
Run the antivirus to scan your system, and if the software is able to detect any virus or potential threats present in your system, you must accordingly work to remove it.
With this fourth solution, we end our blog on QuickBooks Error 7149. We hope the system has worked efficiently in fixing the unwanted error. Additionally, the root of the error may be unknown, which will, in return, not let you resolve the issue. This denotes the need for professional help by calling +1 800-579-9430.