Every day multiple users install QuickBooks Payroll to reap its benefits. One of the most appreciated and used features of the QuickBooks Payroll is the Direct Deposit. This feature allows the employers to set up a paying bank account and, without paper checks, transfer the payment to the employees directly to their bank accounts. Before using the direct deposit, it is crucial to complete the setup process, which involves various steps. During this setup, a user may come across QuickBooks error 20102.
If you are that user and want to know how to complete the direct deposit setup without facing QuickBooks error 20102, then this article is for you. Use the steps listed to eliminate the error without eternal help.
The solutions are easy to follow and are suggested by our team of payroll experts. In addition, there lies another way to fix this payroll error which is leaving the job for the experts. All you have to do is call the Payroll Team on 1.800.417.5147
Details about QuickBooks error 20102
With QuickBooks error 20102, you may be flabbergasted about the error and what it denotes. Well, here is what you should know about this direct deposit setup error before looking for ways to fix it.
New users usually face this error when trying to set up a direct deposit. Many users have reported facing this error after successfully entering employees. Still, the following message appears when they try to set up a direct deposit instead of coming across the form to enter the bank account number.
“Thank you for your interest in Direct Deposit. Currently, there is an issue with your account that must be resolved.”
What is the reason for the direct deposit error 20102 in QuickBooks?
It is relatively significant to know what triggers the error so you can follow the proper steps to fix it. A common reason for QuickBooks Error 20102 is that your EIN (Employer Identification Number) is previously linked to an old DD account. Hence, the same must be dealt with in order to fix the error.
Ways to Resolve Error 20102 in QuickBooks
We know you wanted to jump to this section, but we hope you have read all the above paragraphs to know Error 20102 in QuickBooks in detail. This is important because then you will be able to fix the error effectively and won’t have to face it all over again.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor will help you resolve common errors in the application, such as QuickBooks Error 20102. Here are the steps you must follow to use it for your benefit.
The first step is to install the QuickBooks Tool hub, and we suggest ensuring your operating system is Windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, QuickBooks should not be open.
- Use the web browser to install the (22.214.171.124) version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- When prompted, save the Tool Hub file to a location that is easily accessible to you.
- The download process will initiate and once it gets completed, go to the above-selected location.
- Access the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Next, you must use the instruction that comes up on the screen to complete the installation of Tool Hub.
- In addition, you must agree to the terms & conditions.
- The installation will be indicated by Tool Hub, the icon on your desktop.
Note: You can also use the search feature on your system to look for Tool Hub if you cannot locate it on the desktop.
After Tool Hub, you must use the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix QuickBooks Error 20102. These steps are to be used after downloading the Tool Hub using the steps above.
- Open Tool Hub and click on the Company File Issues option.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Let the File Doctor take its time to open, or if it does not open up, search for QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor to launch it manually.
- Once you are on the QuickBooks File Doctor, highlight your company file with the help of the drop-down menu.
- Another way to look for your company file is to choose the Browse and search option.
- Click on the Check your file (middle option only) option.
- Select Continue.
- Use your admin password of QuickBooks and click on Next.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
This method is an efficient and primary method to resolve errors. Uninstalling and reinstalling an application means you can eliminate basic glitches that come up with the previously installed version.
- Before starting the process of reinstalling QuickBooks, you must open the list of installed programs on your system.
- Look for the remove program option.
- Highlight the QuickBooks application from the list of installed applications.
- Navigate to the uninstall tab and click on it.
- The process of uninstallation will start and follow the instructions as they appear.
- We suggest that you uninstall every version of QuickBooks on your system.
- Now, install the latest version of QuickBooks using the CD or the web browser.
- Further, the system will guide you to the steps of completing the installation.
- After following the steps above, review if the error 20102 is still taking place.
QuickBooks error 20102 is relatively uncommon, and our experts have listed the best ways to fix the error with extensive research. On following the steps with caution, you should not be facing this error again, but if you do, do not waste more time and call the Payroll team on 1.800.417.5147. They are available for your assistance around the clock.