QuickBooks error 176109 is a common issue that users may face while using QuickBooks Point of Sale. The error typically occurs when a user tries to open or register the Point Of Sale application. An error message abruptly appears on your screen that says, “Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number.” The error message depicts that the product code used for the registration of the QuickBooks POS is not correct. However, several other issues may also promote QuickBooks error 176109. Here in this blog post, we will discuss the possible causes behind the error and troubleshooting them one after the other.
Receiving invalid product number POS warning in QuickBooks? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to avail fast
What Gives Rise To QuickBooks Point Of Sale Error 176109?
When you get Invalid product number warning 176109, there can be several reasons behind this error code while using QuickBooks POS. Below are some of the common reasons that can trigger the QuickBooks Error 176109:
- Corrupt or damaged QB POS entitlement folder is one of the most apparent reasons behind the QB error code 176109
- Lack of proper admin rights can also bring forth error code while registering POS
- You may receive QuickBooks error message 176109 due to wrong product code while installing Point Of Sale
Considering the below-given cautionary points can make the troubleshooting process more effective and less troublesome:
- Create a backup of your company file before getting started with the troubleshooting steps. It can prevent a daunting data-disaster.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks POS is updated to the latest maintenance release. If not, get it done before trying the error-removal steps.
- Since, QuickBooks POS entitlement folder is a hidden folder in Windows, you need to change the Windows settings to show hidden files. You may need to delete this folder to resolve this error (176109).
How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 176109 : Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number?
Below are some effective troubleshooting steps that can help you to overcome the QuickBooks error message: invalid product number.
The QB Point of Sale entitlement files inform the software that the product is valid and registered. To re-enter the product and license information in the QuickBooks, you need to find these files and delete them. To get it done, follow the below-listed steps:
- Navigate to C:\ Program Data \Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8, and once the folder is open, you need to press CTRL + A to select all the files inside the folder
- Now hit the Delete Key and then click Yes to confirm the action
- Now open the QuickBooks POS and try registering the application again
If QuickBooks error 176109 persists, try the next troubleshooting method.
To rename the WS activity file, you need to follow the below-explained steps:
- Press Windows + E to open Windows Explorer
- Navigate to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Now you need to right-click WSActivity and then select Rename from the drop-down list
- Add OLD at the starting of WSActivity (i.e., OLDWSActivity) and save it
- Exit Windows and perform solution one again.
On getting same error again, move to the next solution.
Clean installing the QuickBooks Point of Sale can help resolve issues during the installation or when running the software. Here are the steps to perform the clean installation:
Firstly, uninstall QuickBooks POS
- To open the run window, tap Windows and R keys together on your keyboard.
- Write “Control Panel” in the Run window and tap on Enter
- Next, select Programs and Features.
- Click on Uninstall/Change after selecting QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 from the list of programs.
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
Secondly, copy the Point of Sale data folder and paste it to the desktop. At the end of the folder name, add .OLD. Doing this will prevent QuickBooks POS from recognizing the folder and QuickBooks will create a new one. Now, follow the steps given below to delete the QBPOSDBSrvUSER Windows user:
- Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Next, choose User Accounts and then Manage another account.
- Click Continue in the User Account window.
- Choose QBPOSDBSrvUser and click Delete the account.
- Affirm the folder is deleted.
- Reboot the system.
Now, reinstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Still Getting QuickBooks POS Error 176109?
If you are not able to properly follow the troubleshooting steps, dial our QB support helpline number 1.800.579.9430 and get QuickBooks error code 176109 resolved in no time.