Sage Error AUSE001 takes place when a user tries to download or install an automatic update for the application. When the error occurs, it gives an error message that reads, “The Sage update service could not be contacted. Please check your Internet connection or contact your system administrator.” The error typically occurs due to the failure in establishing a stable Internet connection to check the service host. Here in this post, we will discuss more on Sage error AUSE001 and its troubleshooting solutions.
Getting error AUSE001 in Sage and need immediate resolution. Get in touch with experts by dialing our helpline number (800)-579-9430
What Are The Possible reasons Behind Dage Error Code AUSE001?
If you want to troubleshoot the Sage error AUSE001, it is important to know the possible causes evoking the error, check the below-given a list of the possible causes behind the error:
- When the update service Sage is not available
- When the application fails to establish a stable connection with the server
Things To Keep In Mind Before You Start Troubleshooting Sage Update Error AUSE001
Before you start the error-resolution procedures for Sage error AUSE001, check the below-given points to make the troubleshooting less time taking and more efficient:
- Try to open a secure web page to check if the internet connection is intact and can be used to communicate with the server
- Enure that, you are logged in as an administrator on your system so that you can make some crucial changes required in troubleshooting
- Make sure that the update service is available by visiting the legit website of Sage (trust.sage.com). If the website doesn’t open, wait for a few minutes and try again.
- IF you use a proxy server, then make sure that there are no faulty configurations in the proxy settings
It may or may not resolve the Sage error AUSE001, but can make the troubleshooting procedure a less daunting task.
How To Troubleshoot Error Code AUSE001 In Sage?
Now that, you know all the possible causes behind the error AUSE001 and considered all the important points for the error-resolution, below are the solutions to eliminate the error:
Solution 1: Check The Time & Date Settings
If you are working on a network, then it is important that your computer has an accurate date and time settings and should match the date and time settings on the server computer. It is not always necessary that the computer containing the Sage data cause an error, but the network server or domain controller can also give rise to the issue. You may also get in touch with your IT professional to get help for error AUSE001. If the error continues, then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Restore Your Computer To A Previous Restore Point
To perform this troubleshooting technique, follow the below-given steps:
- Click the Windows Start menu, and then select All Programs
- Select Restore my Computer and then hit Next
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to restore your computer to a previous restore point.
- After you are done, restart your computer
- Launch Sage application and check if the error AUSE001 is fixed
Need Help From Certified Professionals!
In this article, you have seen the possible reasons and resolution for error code message AUSE001. If you need a professional’s assistance for the error resolution, feel free to give us a call on our helpline number (800)-579-9430. It will help you to connect with one of our dedicated experts who will guide you in resolving Sage error AUSE001.