QuickBooks error 12037 : “QuickBooks cannot complete this update” is a common error in the program that takes place when you try to download the latest updates for payroll service. The error typically occurs when QuickBooks fails to connect to the Internet connection successfully. The erroneous browser or Internet settings is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error. There are multi-pronged reasons that can evoke QuickBooks error 12037 in QuickBooks application. To resolve the error efficiently, follow the full article.
Not able to download the latest payroll updates due to QuickBooks error 12037? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get the best solution for the error-resolution
QuickBooks Error Code 12037 : Description
QuickBooks enables users to manage their employee’s payroll by subscribing to the payroll service in the application. The various payroll services you can subscribe to our Basic, Enhanced, and Assisted payroll. Subscribing to a suitable payroll as per your specific requirements, you can fill tax forms, pay taxes, and pay your employees. However, to run the payroll process efficiently, you need to download the latest updates for the payroll service. Sometimes while updating the latest payroll update, you may encounter the QuickBooks error message 12037 due to Internet connectivity issues. To resolve the error, you need to track the possible causes behind the error.
Below are some of the possible reasons that can give rise to Intuit error code 12037:
- QuickBooks fails to connect to the Internet
- Firewall or Internet security settings preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server
- Damage caused due to the virus or malware attack
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks error 12037 in QuickBooks, follow the solutions explained in this article.
How to Eliminate QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12037?
To resolve the QuickBooks update error 12037, follow the below-given solutions:
QuickBooks utilizes Internet Explorer to access the Internet, so you need to ensure that the Internet Explorer is your default browser. To modify these settings, follow the below-given steps:
- In the first place, download and run TLS 1.2 Utility
- Next, verify that Internet Explorer is your default browser.
- Confirm that you are able to access the website outside of QuickBooks application, such as your bank’s website.
If the QuickBooks error 12037 persists, try the next method to troubleshoot the error.
Error in downloading updates can be caused due to improper settings in the Internet Explorer. To modify the Internet Explorer settings, follow the below-given steps:
- Quit QuickBooks application and open Internet Explorer.
- Now select Tools and then Internet Options. If you are not able to find Tools, press ALT key
- Next, from the Security tab, select the Globe icon and ensure that the security level is no higher than Medium-high.
- Go to the Connections tab, select Never Dial a Connection if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system, or select the correct ISP if you do.
- Hit OK.
- Select LAN Settings and confirm that automatically detect settings is selected.
- Check if the Use a Proxy Server option is not marked.
- If Use a Proxy Server option is selected, take note of the complete address and port.
- If the port is not 80, then Use a Proxy Server option should not be unchecked.
- If the port is 80, you need to uncheck the box for Use a Proxy Server
- Hit OK
- On the Advanced tab, select Restore Advanced Settings
- Under Settings, locate Use TLS 1.2.
- Click OK.
- Quit Internet Explorer and restart your computer.
The above-stated solutions can help you in the resolution of QuickBooks error code 12037. If you are not comfortable with the troubleshooting solutions, dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.579.9430 to get step-by-step assistance from the certified professionals. In no time, you will be connected to an expert who will assist you in resolving QuickBooks Error 12037 : QuickBooks Cannot Complete This Update issue.