QuickBooks unexpected error 5 takes place when a regular QuickBooks Database service user is restricted to access the company file location. Often, users complain about this error troubling their routine. That is why we have created this ultimate guide to let you out of the issue.
This QuickBooks unexpected error 5 may affect the various versions of the program, including QuickBooks Desktop POS. When the error appears, you will see this error message on your screen “Got unexpected error 5 in a call to NetShareGetInfo for path.”
Invalid entries in the Windows registry is one of the most apparent reasons for QuickBooks unexpected error 5. However, several other reasons may also promote QuickBooks Desktop error 5.
Getting unexpected error 5 alerts in QuickBooks? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get instant technical assistance for the error
Possible Reasons behind QuickBooks Unexpected Error Code 5:
If you see QuickBooks crashing with unexpected error 5, stating “sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. we could not fetch your accounts from your bank“ while working on the software, any of the below-listed reasons might evoke the error-
- Accidental deletion of the registry entry or system file
- Inaccessibility to the normal operations by a system component can also bring forth to the QuickBooks unexpected error 5
- Invalid entries in the Windows registry can promote unexpected error code 5 in QuickBooks
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software can be one of the possible reasons behind I am Getting Error 5 in QuickBooks Pro
- Instant shut down of the computer is another reason behind QuickBooks error 5
- Virus infection or malware attacks can cause QuickBooks unexpected error message 5 to appear on your screen
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 5?
QuickBooks giving error message 5 “An Unexpected Error Has Occurred” prevents you from accessing your company file location. In this situation, you may not be able to access your company records, and therefore, you need to fix the error immediately. Below are some of the most effective solutions to fix QuickBooks unexpected error 4.
Solution 1: Delete & Re-Create the User
Removing and recreating the user can help you to resolve the QuickBooks Desktop error 5. Follow the below-listed steps-
- Launch QuickBooks application and then select Users from under the Company
- Select the option Set up Users and Roles
- Now that you have the User List on your screen, select the user and then hit Delete tab
- Press Yes to confirm
Re-create the User:
- From Users and Roles page select New and enter the username for the new User account
- Confirm a secure password for the new User
- Grant the new user with Roles and then click OK
If you are still getting the QuickBooks unexpected error C 47 after the above solution, move to the next.
Solution 2: Utilize QuickBooks File Doctor for the Error Resolution
QuickBooks File Doctor is a utility in the program that can check and fix the issues related to damaged network and company files. Besides, it also provides proper folder permissions to the users working in a multi-user environment. You may check our all-inclusive guide on how to use QuickBooks File Doctor to rectify the damage or corruption in your company file data. If not, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Turn-Off User Account Control on Windows
User Account Control is a security tool of Microsoft that prevents intrusion of detrimental software. It may help in troubleshooting the QuickBooks unexpected problem 30006 and enables the program to work better. However, it is not a complete anti-virus solution but notified of the changes to be made on the computer. When you turn-off/disables User Account Control, it enables you to locate the problem and fix it. Make sure to turn the UAC settings on after resolving the error. Check how to Turn-Off User Account Control On Windows and try to access your company file again. If the error 5 Alert in QB persists, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Enable File Share Access
In this troubleshooting procedure, you need to give file share access partially or completely based on your business requirements to troubleshoot QuickBooks unexpected problem 32101.
- Go to file explorer and right-click on the folder containing company file
- Choose Properties from the drop-down list and then hit Sharing tab
- Now enable full or partial file sharing access
- Click on Apply and then OK to confirm
Solution 5: Utilize Repair Tool to the Rescue
If none of the solutions above helped QuickBooks error unexpected token in JSON at position 0, you should try installing the repair tool to fix the issue. The procedure is as follows:
- Download the repair tool from the internet and save the file to a desired location on the desktop.
- Navigate to the file location and press Yes when a prompt appears on the screen.
- Now begin the automatic scan and follow by un-marking the check box.
- Now choose to install, and the scan will run automatically.
- After scanning, you can begin with the repairing process and end with rebooting the software and device.
Open QB again to verify the presence or absence of unexpected error 5.
Still Getting QuickBooks Unexpected Error Message code 5
If you are still getting the same error after performing all the above-described troubleshooting procedures, then reach out to a professional for fast error resolution. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and get to know where this error is coming from. On finding, our QB expert will troubleshoot the unexpected Error 5 Alert in QuickBooks in no time.
The warning message for the QuickBooks Unexpected error 5 is as follows:
“Got unexpected error 5 in a call to NetShareGetInfo for Path.”
If we go into the specifics, the message states:
“Encountered QuickBooks Got Unexpected Error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path\\server\file.QBW”
In any case, invalid Windows Registry entries and several other reasons cause this error to appear.
The QuickBooks unexpected error signifies a severe problem with the application. Users encounter it while attempting to save the company file.