QuickBooks error 350 takes place when a user tries to connect with the bank or credit card server. QuickBooks Online has an efficient feature to download the recent transactions automatically on connecting the bank or credit card account with QBO. You can save your time and effort for entering the transactions manually. To keep your banking data updated, you need to refresh your bank or credit card connection periodically. You may receive the QuickBooks error 350 when the connection gets expired or updated by the bank. This banking error can be resolved with a few simple troubleshooting procedures described in the blog. Let’s proceed.
Getting connection error 350 in QuickBooks Online? Dial our QuickBooks error helpline number 1.800.579.9430 to get assistance from certified QB experts.
QuickBooks Online Error Code 350: Description
QuickBooks online error 350 occurs when QuickBooks fails to connect with the bank or bank’s credit card server. It can be your Financial institution’s server, which can be under maintenance evoking the error. Various instances of QuickBooks error 350 can be seen as:
- Can’t connect bank error 350
- The old connection doesn’t work
- PNC bank connection not working; Security question does not match
“Unable to Download Bank Transactions in QuickBooks” issue can be triggered by the below-listed reasons:
- Bank’s server is under maintenance
- QuickBooks getting issues while connecting with the Bank’s server
- Data corruption in the company file containing the recent bank transactions can also promote QuickBooks error message 350
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Bank Error Code 350?
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error code 350, fix the issue by surmounting the responsible factors one after the other.
To Verify and Rebuild the data damage in the company file, follow the below-given set of steps:
- Open QuickBooks and then Utilities under File menu >> Verify Data.
- On getting this message “your data has lost its integrity” you need to rebuild the damaged data using Rebuild utility.
- Again, select Utilities from under the File menu.
- Select Rebuild Data to run the utility for data repair and then hit OK when backup popup window for company file appears.
- Choose a suitable backup location for the file and then click OK.
- Rebuild Data Utility will start performing its job.
You may follow our blog to get detailed instructions on how to use QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data Utility. If this error code 350 persists after making use of the utility, then move to the next solution.
QuickBooks log (qbwin.log) file contains the error information; you may check for data corruption.
- Go to the QuickBooks Homepage and press F2 key to display the Product Information window.
- Now hit F3 to avail the Tech Help.
- Move to the Open File and then try to locate Log.
- Click Open on finding the log file and then search the error message and the faulty transactions giving rise to the QuickBooks error 350.
If none of the two solutions resolved the error, reconnect your bank account to QuickBooks. To do so, follow the below-listed steps:
- Go to Banking menu in QuickBooks Online.
- Locate the account you want to reconnect and select the blue tile for the same.
- Now click on Sign-in link.
- Enter accurate User ID and password in the respective boxes to log in into your financial institution’s legit website.
- Now select the accounts for which you want QuickBooks to download the transactions. Hit Continue.
- Click Update to get the latest transactions.
Need Further Assistance on Error 350 in QuickBooks!
If you need further assistance in the error resolution, dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430. The qualified team of QB professionals will assist you with the most relevant solutions to resolve QuickBooks error 350 in a hassle-free manner.