Have you encountered an error message stating “A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly”? If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive”? If yes, then it signifies that QuickBooks Java script error has occurred. This error usually crops up when the web browser on the user’s computer is not configured properly. It is highly recommended to resolve the issue without wasting time because if the error persists, the user won’t be able to perform any task, as internet speed slows down. If you are also facing Java script error and looking for the solution, then you have landed at the right place. We have created a comprehensive article mentioning the whole nine yards of information about the error, right from its causes to its troubleshooting methods.
If you want help from experts when a QuickBooks script error is undefined, give us a call on our support number 1.800.417.5147
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Script Error
There are several reasons that can give rise to QuickBooks Java Script error. If you want to know the exact cause that is responsible for the technical problem you are facing in your QuickBooks application, then we suggest, look no further and connect with a pro advisor through helpline number (800)-579-9430.
- QuickBooks is unable to connect to your Internet Explorer
- Web-page prevents you from opening QuickBooks from a different browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Commands cannot be executed because of any program issue.
- Attempting to import transactions from an account that has not been created.
- Attempting to import bills or invoices from a different account.
- Intuit is not added to the trusted website in your Internet settings.
- Script processing functions are disabled/blocked
- The system is infected with Malware/Spyware
- Script plugin software is faulty
Different Methods to Fix Script Error when Accessing QB
When QuickBooks Application uses the web to process its function, it requires a third-party application to communicate. So, when the QB is restricted to perform any task based on the user’s command, then QuickBooks Java script error crops up on the computer screen.
User get to see an error message that says “Script Error”, “Error in Script” or “Scrip error line #### character ## object #### when a java script error crops up on the screen. Here we have mentioned four different solutions to eradicate QuickBooks Java script error. Users can choose either of the troubleshooting methods to get rid of the issue.
Solution 1: Try Configuring Your Internet Explorer
This is the first solution in this troubleshooting guide where you need to configure Internet Explorer because QB needs Internet Explorer to open and display most of its windows and features.
- Launch Internet Explorer on your system. Make sure you have the latest versions of IE i.e., Internet Explorer 11.
- Go to the Command Bar and click to select Tools.
- Further, choose Internet Options, and later click to select the Security tab.
- Click on Trusted Sites and further click on Sites.
- Now enter *.intuit.com and click on Add.
- In the Trusted sites window, uncheck Require server verification.
- Make an exit from the Trusted sites window, and uncheck Enable Protected Mode.
- Further, close the browser.
Restart your system and launch the QB application to check if the issue persists. In case the error is still coming back, then switch to the next solution to eliminate the problem.
Solution 2: Configure Firewall security settings for Desktop
The majority of the QB errors occur because of faulty internet connectivity, which is the same in the case of QuickBooks Java script error. So, in order to ensure hassle-free internet access, the user can configure firewall security settings for Desktop.
- Press Windows to open the start menu.
- Now enter “Windows Firewall” in the search bar.
- A few options will show up on the screen based on your search inputs.
- Click to select the “Windows Firewall” option to start the Firewall configuration process.
- As soon as you click on “Windows Firewall”, the control panel home window will open up on your screen.
- Here click on the link “Allow a program or feature through the Windows Firewall.”
- Now look for QuickBooks Application and related files under “Allowed Programs and Feature.”
- Further, check the box and click on the “OK” button.
- In case you don’t find QuickBooks application in the list, then click on “Allow another program” link.
- Further, click to select the QuickBooks application and click on “Add.”
Solution 3: Turn off the notification in your browser
The below-mentioned solution is well proven and has highly recommended by QuickBooks experts to resolve QuickBooks Java script error. If the above two solutions didn’t work for you, then try implementing the below-mentioned steps to eradicate the issue.
- Launch the Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon and select Tools menu
- Further, click on the Internet Options or hit the “ALT” key to open the menu.
- Click on the “Advanced Tab”.
- Uncheck the Display a notification about every script error box.
- Further, click on “OK”.
Solution 4: Operating the Internet Explorer browser in compatibility view
Follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of QuickBooks 2018 Java script error.
- Launch Internet Explorer on your system.
- Click to select the Gear settings icon at the top right of the browser window. You can also press the Alt key on your computer to open the menu bar.
- Further, select the “Tools” menu
- Now choose the Compatibility View Settings from the menu.
- In the field that says “Add this website”, type in https://*.intuit.com and select Add. Repeat this step for both https://*.intuit.net and https://*.quickbooks.com.
- Select Close.
Read More: How to Fix QuickBooks Script Error?
Hope you find the troubleshooting solutions helpful, and you were able to rectify the issue. However, if you were unable to fix the problem and continuously encountering QuickBooks Java script error, then we suggest you contact the expert immediately via helpline number 1.800.417.5147.