QuickBooks error OL 233 is a banking error that arises when you are not able to update your bank feeds in QuickBooks. You will receive an error message “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request, Error OL-233” when the problem occurs. The error can be triggered by multi-faceted issues that need to be eradicated for the error-resolution. This blog offers comprehensive information on the possible causes and troubleshooting procedures of QB online error OL–233.
Searching easy solutions for “QuickBooks desktop bank feeds stopped working” issue? Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number (800)-579-9430 to acquire immediate assistance
What Are The Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code OL 233?
QuickBooks error message OL 233 can appear on your screen due to various possible reasons described in the below-given list:
- When your bank’s server is down or under maintenance, then QuickBooks cannot fetch data from an added bank account and causes the error OL 233
- It can be the various issues with Internet connectivity, promoting error code OL–233 in QuickBooks
- Data damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company (.QBW) file can also produce the “QuickBooks 2019 bank feeds not working” issue
- While updating the bank feeds in QBO manually, the unsupported format of the import file can trigger error code OL 233
- The bank account you are trying to contact is inactive
- An outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop or Windows OS
You need to look for some checkpoints, before getting started with the resolution of QB error OL-233:
- On installing a new update for the QuickBooks, you need to verify your identity with your financial institution. To do so, log into your online banking from your browser. Check if you have received any notification from the bank. If not, contact your bank for more information
- Open QuickBooks and confirm that you are using the latest version of the software. Press the F2 key, and it will open the Product Information window where you can compare your QuickBooks version with the latest one.
- Try to access a trusted website on your Internet browser to check the Internet connectivity. If you are unable to open the website, get help from your IT personnel.
- Make sure that Internet Explorer is set as your default browser. If not, you can follow an intelligible guide to make Internet Explorer your default browser.
- Check if the login credentials you are using to get into your online banking are correct. If not, you need to reset them in order to open the bank feeds in QuickBooks.
Follow the below-given steps to get this task accomplished:
- Click the Gear icon on your Internet Explorer and navigate to Internet options
- Underneath the Advanced tab, click the Security options
- Now here you need to ensure that box against the option Use TLS 1.0 is unchecked whereas box against Use TLS 1.2 is marked
- Click Apply and then OK to confirm the changed you have made
If QB error code OL 233 persists, then apply the next solution explained below.
This procedure will help you to identify the actual cause behind the error. Follow the below-given steps to get it done:
- Launch QuickBooks software and then go to the File menu
- Go to the New Company and then click Express Start
- Next, you need to add the account for which you want to download the transaction in QuickBooks
- Try to download your bank transactions to the newly created company file
The successful download of the bank transactions depicts that there exists some issue with your old company file. However, if you are still unable to download the bank feeds, you need to contact your bank for further assistance.
If error OL 233 in QuickBooks is caused due to the data damage in the company file, then you can utilize Verify and Rebuild Data utility for the error resolution. Verify and Rebuild utilities in the program work together to identify and fix data integrity issues. Read our article to learn how to use Verify & Rebuild Data Utility in QuickBooks to fix data damage issues.
Need Further Assistance!
If you need further assistance in the resolution of QuickBooks error OL 233, dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number +1 800-579-9430 to get instant help.