QuickBooks enables users to store their financial records in the company file. However, technical errors are an integral part of the QuickBooks experience, and some of them can cause damage to your crucial financial data. Errors leading to data disruption in QuickBooks can be resolved by restoring the backup of the company file. However, if you are getting a QuickBooks Backup Restore Failed error message on your screen, it means the safety of your critical accounting data is at stake. In this post, we will discuss the possible causes behind the QuickBooks restore failed error.
Getting error while trying to restore from QBB files on QuickBooks 2008? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get prompt assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals
What is QuickBooks Won’t Restore Backup file
QuickBooks restore failed or won’t restore backup files is the issue that can be triggered due to various reasons. When the error occurs, you can see various error messages on the screen, as stated in the bow-given list:
Error: Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 Backup File
This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different name
Error: Restore failed. Can’t remove the log file
quickbooks won't restore backup. Unable to remove Log file
To prevent these error messages on your screen, it is important to trace and surmount the possible causes behind The QuickBooks restore failed error. Let’s see the possible causes that can evoke the backup error in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Reasons for QuickBooks restore failed invalid format?
Below is the list of the possible reasons due to which the “QuickBooks won’t restore backup” error can come into sight:
- When you are trying to restore a backup over the existing QuickBooks company file
- Make sure that there are no special characters in your QuickBooks company file name; otherwise, the error can crop up
- When a regular QB user tries to restore the backup of a QuickBooks company file from a USB flash drive or a network drive
- The file you are trying to restore is not actual .QBB file
- When the backup is made in the new version, but the recovery is being made to the older version of the QuickBooks application
- Possible damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file can also trigger the error message: Your backup has not been restored.
How do i fix QuickBooks Restore Failed can’t Remove log file?
Now that you know the possible causes behind the QuickBooks POS restore backup failed can’t remove log file issue, follow the below-given troubleshooting procedures to eliminate the issue:
Solution 1: Avoid Overwriting An Existing Company File When Performing The Restore
When you save the data, you need to restore, move to the folder where you want to save the file, and change the name of the company file from the current name. This practice can prevent QuickBooks restore failed issue.
Solution 2: Make Sure There Are No Special Characters In QuickBooks Company File Name
Make sure that there are no special characters like %#@!^&*()_+ in the name of QuickBooks company file. Also, confirm that there no space in the name. Rename the company file on fining special characters or space in the name of the .QBW file to prevent the error, “QBB files fail to restore using QuickBooks 2016”.
Solution 3: Confirm If The File You Are Trying to Restore Is A Valid .QBB File
If the QuickBooks backup file you are trying to restore is not valid, it can bring forth the QuickBooks restore failed error. It can help you to fix error: trying to restore from .QBB files on QuickBooks 2008.
Solution 4: Check QBB file is compatible with your QuickBooks version
- To check the product version of your QuickBooks Press F2 button.
- When a Product information window popup, So there you’ll find the details about your proudct license, version, etc.
- Follow the same procedure with that QuickBooks where you had created the backup file.
- If your QuickBooks version is older or different from the QuickBooks version your QuickBooks backup file created, So there could be chance of where you need to ask for help QuickBooks data service team.
Solution 5: Run Verify/Rebuild Utility for your backup file
Verify and Rebuilt data utility is an inbuilt feature of QuickBooks Desktop, which comes into action when your QuickBooks company file has a data integrity issue. Although It can also be helpful to resolve QuickBooks restore failed sort of issue, steps are mentioned below as:
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Next, click on the File tab, Then click hover the mouse on the utility option.
- Then select for the verify.
- If the verification process results show a discrepancy in the backup file. Then Proceed further with the rebuild process.
- To start to rebuild the same, click on File, Then utility select for rebuild instead verify.
- Once the Process of rebuild complete. Try to restore the same backup file, and If it is still showing QuickBooks restore failed problem, Then you contact to QuickBooks Data service team.
Read More: Top Three Ways to Backup QuickBooks Data Files
Need Additional Help on QuickBooks won’t restore QBB File!
Following this post until the end, you can fix “Backup failed. Cannot remove log file” error on your own. However, if you need help resolving “QuickBooks Restore Failed” error, don’t hesitate to dial our QuickBooks support helpline number 1.800.417.5147. On connecting, our certified professionals will come to rescue you in the hours of need. You can get prompt and hassle-free assistance in resolving QuickBooks restore backup can’t remove log file error.
FAQ’s for QuickBooks restore failed
Make sure the backup File is stored in the local computer. The backup File doesn’t contain any special character like #@!^&. The Backup File wasn’t created using the damaged company file.