QuickBooks form 941 is a federal form an employer needs to file quarterly to the IRS (Internal Revenue Service). It is a quarterly tax return form that is required for reporting Payment of employee wages, Employee tips received, Withheld federal income tax, the employer’s and the employee’s share of Social Security and Medicare taxes, and various other taxes. While filing it, you may get QuickBooks form 941 error. The error typically occurs when the total amount in the form is over $2500, and the error message prompts you to e-file the form again. However, you can get this error fixed with a few simple procedures you will find in this post.
Seeking professional help for QuickBooks form 941 error? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get immediate assistance
Reason behind Form 941 Error in QuickBooks Desktop:
When the total sum of the tax amount you are paying in a quarter exceeds $2500, you will get error processing form 941 through QB. Form 941 in QuickBooks is required when the tax amount for a quarter is more than $2500 as per the IRS Employer’s tax guide. If this amount is less than $1000, you will need to fill the form 944 after confirming with the IRS.
How to Correct 941 Forms in QuickBooks?
Error while printing federal form 941 can take place due to incorrect filing method setup. Following the below-listed steps, you may troubleshoot the error while trying to send federal payroll liability payments.
Method 1: Modify the Faulty Filing Method
Below are the steps that can help you to re-verify the erroneous filling method giving rise to error processing form 941 through QB-
- Launch QuickBooks application and click Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s from under the Employees tab
- Select Process Payroll Forms and then click File Forms >> Other Activities >> Change Filing Method
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and then click Continue
- Now select form 941 giving an error in QuickBooks and then hit Edit
- From within Filing Methods, click Print & mail
- Click on Finish and try to send the form once again.
If you are still getting QuickBooks error while printing 941 form, then move to the next solution.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks Payroll to the Latest Release
Installing QuickBooks payroll updates can help you to get the most recent and accurate rates of calculations for federal tax tables, payment options, and e-file. Check our blog on how to update QuickBooks payroll to get the process done in a fail-safe manner.
Method 3: Retry To Print the Tax Forms
Once the QuickBooks payroll is updated to the latest release, try to print the form that is giving error processing form 941 through QB. Follow the below-listed steps to accomplish the task-
- From Employees tab in QuickBooks, select Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s
- Now select Process Payroll Forms >> Payroll Center >> File Forms
- Select the form that you need to file
- Click File Form option and provide the period for form filling
- Hit OK and then Check For Errors
- Review the form if there is any mistake exists and rectify on finding
- Click Submit then E-File
- Now submit the form by following on-screen instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes
- Check again for QuickBooks form 941 error.
Don’t Want To Get Into Troubleshooting Hassles!
If you want to avoid the error–resolution distress and want to get it done by a qualified QuickBooks professional, get in touch with us. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and brief the error to our experts on the other side to avail the best troubleshooting assistance for QuickBooks form 941 error promptly.