QuickBooks error 3180 is a common error that can take place due to a damaged payment item. There are various instances of status code 3180 in QuickBooks; you can get while performing various tasks from within the application. Also, when the error occurs, you can receive error messages on your screen, and you may not be able to perform an on-going task. In this post, we will discuss status code 3180 and fix them using the simple steps.
Unable to handle QuickBooks Desktop status code 3180? Dial our support number 1.800.579.9430 to get help from experienced QuickBooks experts
What Are The Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 3180?
When QuickBooks error 3180 occurs, it gives an error message on your screen that says, “Status code 3180: There was an error when saving a Sales Receipt.” There can be multifaceted reasons that can evoke the error message, as stated in the below-given bullet points:
- When the vendor expense settings are not correct
- Possible damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file
- It can be your antivirus application that can promote the QuickBooks error message 3180
What Are The Symptoms That QuickBooks Desktop Error 3180 On Its Arrival?
When the QuickBooks status code 3180 takes place, you can experience the below-given symptoms:
- Your system responds lethargically on the inputs provided by the mouse or keyboard.
- You can not save the sales receipts
- QuickBooks will shut down abruptly
- You will receive the message for QuickBooks error 3180 on your screen
How To Troubleshoot Intuit Error Code 3180?
Below are some effective troubleshooting solutions that can help you in resolving QuickBooks status code 3180.
Troubleshooting Procedure 1:
- Launch QuickBooks to start the troubleshooting.
- Now go to Menu then click on Item List.
- Next, you need to click on Include Inactive option.
- Finally, click the Type column.
- Confirm that all sales tax items have a tax agency attached to it to finish the task.
If QuickBooks error 3180 continues to appear, try the next method.
Troubleshooting Procedure 2:
- Start QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Now go to the File menu and then click on Preferences.
- Next, you need to click on the Company and further click Accounts.
- Verify the Basic and Advanced tabs
- Ensure that QuickBooks Sales Tax Payable
If error 3180 in QuickBooks continues to trouble you, move to the next solution.
Troubleshooting Procedure 3:
- Select Templates option from within the Lists menu
- Then Select New
- Select Invoice and then further select Template type window and hit OK
- Now in the Template list, right-click on damaged Template.
- Hit “Make Template inactive” option
- Next, you need to click on a New Template from the Template list.
- Click the Open Form option and then hit Finish to complete to get the task accomplished.
If QuickBooks Desktop status code 3180 remains unsolved, jump to the next method.
Troubleshooting Procedure 4:
- Open QuickBooks and click on Select Item List.
- Now click on Include inactive and further click on the Type header.
- Rename the Point of Sale payment items.
- In POS Right-click the payment item that starts and then select Edit Items.
- Add Old to the item name and click OK.
- Merge both payment items and Run the financial exchange.
- Remove OLD from the Item name and click OK to finish.
These solutions can help you in handling QuickBooks Desktop POS status code 3180. If you need expert advice on the same, give us a call on our support number 1.800.579.9430. Our experts will provide you immediate help in resolving QuickBooks error 3180.