If you are wondering how to clean up QuickBooks company file and make a fresh start with the application, then this post is for you. Here, we will discuss the steps to clean up your company file using the Clean Up Company Utility. This utility can help in repairing the damaged lists and transactions in your company file and fix various issues, you can find by reading this post until the end. Let’s begin.
Not sure how to clean up QuickBooks Desktop company file and need help from experts? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147
Issues That Can Be Resolved Using Clean Up Company Data Utility
Before we discuss further on how to clean up QuickBooks, let’s find out the issues that can be resolved using CUCD Utility. Check the below-given list:
- Missing or lost data after applying a new update
- When Verify Data utility detects damage in the company file data
- Program list takes longer than usual while opening
- When you try to pull up reports, and it displays incorrectly
How Does Clean Up Utility Work?
QB Clean Up Utility is a single stop solution on how to clean up QuickBooks company file and remove older history documents to run the file efficiently. It can help in accomplishing the below-given tasks:
- Condense your data file size to make it smaller
- Run QuickBooks data file more efficiently
- You can get the list damages in POS resolved
- Removes older history and non-history documents
- Reduce the chance of assigning a transaction to the wrong item list
Company file size has a significant impact on the performance of the QuickBooks application. If you are using QuickBooks Pro or Premier, and company file size exceeds beyond 100 Mb, it is time to utilize QuickBooks Clean Up Company Data Utility.
Things You Need To Consider Before QuickBooks Clean Up
In this section, we will discuss how to clean up QuickBooks in a fail-safe manner. The time of the cleanup process depends on the size of the company data file. While performing the QuickBooks cleanup process, you must keep the below-stated points in your mind:
- Create a separate backup of your QuickBooks company file to prevent a permanent data loss.
- Select the compress database option as it will repair any damaged lists on the file and make the cleaning process smooth
- Don’t cancel the cleanup data utility as it will stop the running qbpos.exe process and cause irreparable data damage.
Steps To Clean Up Company Data In Point Of Sale
The below-given steps elaborate on how to clean out QuickBooks company data in Point of Sale:
- Go to the File menu and choose Clean Up Company Data from Utilities.
- Checkmark the box against Comparess Data and click OK when the warning message appears on the screen
- In the Non-history documents window, you may choose to clean up QuickBooks item list from your file and select Next. (Optional)
- You may also choose to clean up the QuickBooks data in the Historical documents and other data and select Next.
- Now Proceed with the Cleanup window, select Cleanup, and wait for the cleanup process to end.
- If the cleanup process failed, you need to run a second clean up with the compress data option checked.
Need Further Assistance?
The steps described in this post can help you with how to clean up messy QuickBooks. However, if you need help from certified QuickBooks experts, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147. It will connect you with our experienced QB expert who will guide you on how to clean up QuickBooks company file in simple steps.