You may want to merge QuickBooks company files when handling your accounting data stored in separate company files. Combining data from separate company files in one report make your business accounting operations more efficient by reducing your time and efforts. Furthermore, you may create reports combining profit & loss, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and various other transactions. Enterprise version of the QuickBooks Desktop has this feature to merge QuickBooks company files integrated within the program. This blog offers a systematic description of how to link two companies in QuickBooks without causing any disruption to the data integrity.
Is it possible to merge two QuickBooks company file into one? By dialing our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147, you can get all your queries resolved related to the QuickBooks company file merge process
Things to Keep in Mind before You Merge two .QBW Files:
Merging two different QuickBooks company files can be a daunting task if not done properly. The below listed cautionary points can help you to get it accomplished efficaciously.
- To make the combined report intelligible, you need to create an identical Chart of Accounts in the separate company files.
- If you want to merge accounts, then you need to ensure that they have the same name, type, and level.
- You may not be able to merge two accounts having the same name but different level (i.e., One is the main account, and the other one is sub-account)
- You cannot merge two accounts having different spellings
- It is not possible to merge QuickBooks accounts having different account numbers
Various QuickBooks Data That Do Not Support .QBW File Merge
Don’t try to merge these QB Data otherwise you may waste your crucial time for no good reason-
- Bank Reconciliation
- Payroll Checks
- Templates & Attachments
- Memorized Transactions from secondary files
- Budgets/Forecasts & Users from secondary files
- To-Do Lists & Customer Notes
- Customer fields from transactions
- Files having groups and sales tax items
- Files having negative inventory
Keep these essential points in your mind before finding the answer to “How do I merge QuickBooks accounts?”
How Can I Merge Two QuickBooks Company Files?
Now that you have the required information related to linking company files let’s proceed further to merge QuickBooks company files.
Steps to Merge QuickBooks Company Files for QuickBooks Desktop Pro & Premier:
If you want to merge QuickBooks company files for Pro or Premier Version, you have two ways to do it. You may either do it manually or use third-party software from Intuit Marketplace supported by the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the first company file and generate a report for it
- Now, export the report you have created to an Excel sheet and save it to an easily accessible location
- This time, open the second data file and create the same report
- Again export the report to a different Excel worksheet in the same workbook and save it
- Open the Microsoft Excel and open the workbook having reports of the two company files you want to merge
- Open the third sheet in the same workbook and combine the two reports manually in the new sheet
- Save the Excel workbook to get the merging process accomplished
Steps to Merge QuickBooks Company Files for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise:
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has an in-built feature to merge various reports from multiple companies.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Report menu and select Combine Reports from Multiple Companies
- Click Add Files and browse the first file you want to merge, and hit Open
- Similarly, browse the second company file
- Now choose the reports you want to combine from Select Reports for combining option
- Now fill the date range in From and To fields and choose the report basis
- Click Combine Reports in Excel, and you will see an excel sheet having the two company files merged.
Professional QuickBooks File Merge Service:
Dial our QuickBooks support phone number1.800.417.5147 and consult with our experts about your file merging needs. Based on your description, we outline a detailed plan and also train your workers on how the merged file works. Our intelligible guidance can help you to merge QuickBooks company files with absolute ease.