QuickBooks is a multi-tasking accounting software that gives you several features to make accounting easy and accurate. QuickBooks payroll is one of the essential add-ons to the software, but sometimes it may come across some issues that can restrict you from using the payroll application. You may come across an error while sending the usage data. You get the following error message: “QuickBooks ran into an error while trying to send usage data.” In this article, we will be providing the steps to resolve the QuickBooks error sending usage data.
If you need help in resolving QuickBooks error sending usage data, give us a call on our support number 1.800.579.9430
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Data Transfer Error:
QuickBooks payroll is essential for managing your business, but it is also true that the software is prone to errors. Some of the significant factors that can cause the QuickBooks Payroll Failed to Send Usage Data Error are as given below:
- Date and time of your system is incorrect
- Time zone of your computer is incorrect
- You have created a copy of an Accountant.
Ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Sending Usage Data
Method 1: Ensure the date and time of the file location. Check the server, for instance too.
For Windows 7, do the following steps:
- Firstly, open your desktop, and double-click on the Desktop date and time
- on the bottom of the screen.
- If unable to change the date and time from your system, go to the Start option.
- Then, go to Control Panel.
- Now, choose Date and Time.
- Click on change date and time settings.
- Click on the Change time and date button.
- Later, choose the current date and time and click on OK.
- To change the order of the time zone, click the Change time zone button.
- Click on the Time Zone drop-down arrow.
- Then choose the correct time zone.
- If present in daylight saving time zone, then click the automatically modify clock for Daylight Saving Time tick-box.
- Click OK and re-click, OK.
- Lastly, check the time and date are correct in the system or not.
Follow for Windows 8:
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Clock, Language, Region
- In the date and time column, select set the date and time option
- Select change time and date settings.
- Then, click on the change time and date icon.
- Select opt time and date.
- Click OK.
- For altering the time zone, click on the Change time zone icon, and later opt as per preferred time zone.
- If in the daylight saving time zone, select the automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time tick-box.
- Click OK.
- Verify if the date and time are correct or not.
NOTE: If you are using Windows 10, then follow the instructions listed in this article.
Method 3: Check if an Accountant’s copy exists.
If the date and time are accurate, then toggle the time zone (proper, wrong, and right) by following simple steps as:
- If an Accountant’s copy exists, remove the restrictions manually, or wait until the Accountant’s copy is returned. However, manually removing the limits will lose all the changes. Therefore, assure you to verify with your Accountant.
- Now, try to send it to Intuit.
- If the error persists, then delete all the online transactions that you have sent.
- Now, click on Edit from the top menu bar
- Click on Find (or press CTRL+F).
- Now, click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Filter box, you must go for the following options:
- At first, go the drop-down list, choose the filter Detail Level, and select Summary only.
- Now, go the drop-down menu, select the filter Online Status and choose Online to send.
- Again, go the drop-down menu, select the filter Posting Status, and choose either.
- After that, you need to click on the Find icon from the top right corner of your Find screen.
- Once done, review your results:
- If you come across any non-payroll transaction, then complete their processing.
- Moreover, if you find paychecks, delete them immediately and then try to send them to Intuit again. If done successfully, recreate the paychecks.
The steps mentioned above will allow you to resolve the payroll error, and you will be able to transfer payroll data usage. However, if you still face the same issue of ‘QuickBooks Error sending usage data,’ then you are highly recommended to get in touch with the experts at toll-free Number 1.800.579.9430.