QuickBooks is a robust accounting application that enables users to store and access their critical financial data. Your financial data can be considered to be the backbone of your business, and you may not afford to lose it. There are various instances when you may need to backup your company records. You can also backup QuickBooks to Flash Drive or other external drives to keep it safe from loss of disruption. In this post, we will discuss how to backup QuickBooks to a flash drive and restore it when needed.
Wondering how do I backup QuickBooks to a flash drive? Dial our support number 1.800.579.9430 to get in touch with our certified QuickBooks professionals
How To Back Up a Company Database on a Flash Drive?
Backing up QuickBooks to flash drive can help you to keep your financial data safe, and you can restore it whenever you want. To Backup QuickBooks to Flash Drive, follow the below-given steps:
1: In the first place, you need to insert the flash drive into the computer.
2: Launch QuickBooks and open the company file.
3: Next, select File and further select Create Backup.
4: Select Local Backup and then choose Options.
5: Navigate to the folder on your system or network where you want to save the QuickBooks backup file.
6: Click OK after choosing a suitable location on your computer.
7: Choose Save the Backup Now and, finally select Save.
How To Restore QuickBooks Company File Using flash Drive?
In addition to backing up QuickBooks to the flash drive, you can also utilize it to restore your company file backup. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Insert the flash drive into the computer.
- Go to the File menu and click Open or Restore Company to open the restore wizard.
- Now you will need to click Restore a backup copy (.qbb) and hit Next.
- Next, click Local backup and then click Next.
- It will open the Open Backup Copy window.
- If required, you can click Look in drop-down arrow and will lead you to the location where you have saved the backup file with the extension .QBB.
- Select the QuickBooks backup (.QBB) file and click Open.
- Hit Next.
- Now navigate to the location where you want to restore the backup file by clicking Save in drop-down arrow.
- Select the backup file, click Save.
The steps stated in this article elaborates on how to backup QuickBooks to thumb drive. If you are not sure how to backup QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks won’t backup to a flash drive, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. In no time, you will be connected to one of the dedicated QuickBooks experts for immediate technical assistance to backup QuickBooks to Flash Drive.