QuickBooks loan manager reflects the loans in the QuickBooks on the basis of the information given on the Long-term Liability and Other Current Liability accounts. You can track both Principle and interest without looking over the amortization tables to evaluate the accounts. However, while using this feature, you may experience QuickBooks loan manager not working error. There are several instances of the QuickBooks Online loan manager error that you can encounter based on different possible causes. In this post, we will discuss various QuickBooks Desktop loan manager errors and fix them using simple steps.
The QuickBooks loan manager cannot find the file, and you need immediate technical assistance from the same? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and get all your queries answered
QuickBooks Error 800040403 When Launching The Loan Manager
When this error occurs, you will get an error message on your screen that reads, “Could not open the specified QuickBooks company data file. 80040403”.
This error typically occurs on a Windows Vista and later OS, when restoring a backup made from a folder on an operating system like Windows XP. When restored company file is saved correctly according to the new Windows Vista, 7, 8 file structure for the default location of the data file, but QuickBooks is retaining the old file structure.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Online Loan Manager Error?
To troubleshoot QuickBooks loan manager not working error, follow the below-given steps with the full attention.
- Launch QuickBooks application in the first place and then click on File.
- Next, you need to click Utilities and then further click Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
Try to open the loan manager, and if you are not able to open it, perform the following steps:
- Close the company file by following: File > Close Company
- Next, you need to open the company file by clicking File > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.
- Browse to the location of your company file.
- If you are using Windows 7 & Vista, the default location is C:\Users\PublicDocuments\ Intuit\QuickBooks Company Files\filename.qbw.
- Hit Open.
- Try to launch the Loan Manager to see if the QuickBooks loan manager not working error is fixed.
Why Does My Loan Not Appear In Loan Manager?
Missing loan manager information in your company file can be caused when you upgrade QuickBooks to a newer version. The loan manager uses .lmr file, which is located in the same folder containing the QuickBooks company file. When you update your QuickBooks application, the .lmr file does not get moved to the new location automatically. When you open the .lmr file after updating the application, the new file does not contain the loans.
How To Resolve Loan Manager Is Blank After Updating QuickBooks?
To troubleshoot this QuickBooks loan manager not working error, you need to retrieve and reconnect the original .lmr file. Follow the below-given steps:
- Leave QuickBooks in the first place.
- Now locate the original .lmr file using the Microsoft Windows Search option.
- After that, right-click the .lmr file in the results list and then select Copy from the drop-down menu. (ensure to select the old .lmr file).
- Paste the copied file to a removable disk.
- From the new location, right-click the .lmr file and then select Rename
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name as in oldlmr.old.
- Click Yes when a warning message appears.
- Hit Enter to save the changes you have made.
Following these steps, you can effectively resolve the QuickBooks loan manager not working error.
Read More: Here’s How To Fix Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log?
Try to Run the Reboot.bat
By running the reboot.bat tool, we can re-register the QuickBooks .DLL files and .OCX files in Microsoft Windows. It is also used to revive the Smart Vault toolbar when it is missing. Given below are the steps to run the reboot.bat:
- Find the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your workstation and right-click on it.
- Next, click on Properties and then Open file location.
- After that, right-click on the Reboot.bat file and select the Run as Administrator option.
- The tool will take some time to repair the QuickBooks installation files.
After following the above solutions, you can review the loan information using the following steps:
- Move to the Banking tab.
- Click on Loan Manager and then Add Loan.
- Select the Edit Loan Details option.
- You can review the details on the Summary tab at the bottom of the Loan Manager.
Need More Help From QB Experts?
The steps discussed in this post can help you in troubleshooting loans not appear in the loan manager issue. If you need to reach out to a qualified QB professional, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147. In no time, you will be connected to our QuickBooks expert’s team who will assist you in eradicating QuickBooks loan manager not working error.