When you purchase a new QuickBooks Desktop product, you are provided with a license key or validation code to validate the product. You can get the license information on the packaging sticker when you purchase the installation disk for QuickBooks software. On the other hand, if you make this purchase online, then the license key will be sent to you through an email provided in CAMPS (Customer Account Management Portal). Every time, you make an attempt to install or update the software, you just need to provide the license information compulsorily. However, if lost or forgotten, you can find QuickBooks validation code in the registry by reading this post until the end.
Struggling to find QuickBooks license number in registry! Dial our Toll-Free QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147 to get the desired help
Where Can I Find QuickBooks Registration File?
Your QuickBooks purchase and registration information are stored in the QBRegistration.dat file. There are different ways to find this file on your system:
- Navigate through C:\ Program Data\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder
- Search “QBRegistration” from your Windows File Explorer and open the file directly from QuickBooks
Below, you can find the detailed method to open the QuickBooks registration file from QuickBooks Desktop to regain the license information required in various operations.
How to Find QuickBooks License Key in Registry?
Follow the below-given steps to find QuickBooks validation code in registry with absolute ease:
- Launch QuickBooks application and press F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window
- Now on the Product Registration window, hit F3 and you will see the Tech Help window next
- On Open File tab, you have to click QBRegistration.dat file from the list
- If the file does not open automatically, select Notepad from the list of programs on your Windows and then hit OK
- Press CTRL+F simultaneously on your screen and then type LicenseNumber in the blank area
- Press Find to locate the product license registration number next to the highlighted text
- Note down the validation code/license number for the re-registration of the QuickBooks program
- Follow our user-friendly guide to change QuickBooks license number
With the above-described steps, you can find QuickBooks validation code in the registry. However, you may receive an error message on providing validation code/license number during the installation of the QuickBooks software such as:
- The validation code is incorrect. Please verify the number and enter it again.
- This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
- You have entered incorrect license/product numbers. Please check the numbers carefully.
In these conditions, you need to contact a qualified QB expert.
How do I Find My QuickBooks Validation Code When the Steps Don’t Work For Me!
The above-described steps can help you in finding the QuickBooks license information from within the registry. However, if you find some technical difficulty in performing the solution, get in touch with the experts without wasting any further time. Dial our Toll-Free QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and find QuickBooks validation code in registry with expert’s guidance.