QuickBooks error 6098 is a common error in the application that occurs when you set up multi-user mode incorrectly. Corruption in the Windows registry is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error. Besides, you may get the error when a user does not have sufficient administrative permissions. It is not easy to track the possible reasons behind the error, but with a few symptoms, you can detect the error code 6098, 5. Following the troubleshooting solutions described in this post can help you in the error-resolution.
Getting QuickBooks Desktop error 6098, 5 while opening the company file? Dial our QuickBooks error support number (800)-579-9430 to consult a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
What Brings Forth QuickBooks Error Message 6098 5?
QuickBooks error 6098, 5 can take place due to various reasons you can find in the below-given list:
- Partial or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Corrupt windows registry for a QB related file can also evoke the error 6098, 5
- Data damage caused due to virus or malware infection
- Accidental deletion of the QuickBooks related file
- Users having insufficient Windows administrative permissions
How To Troubleshoot Error 6098, 5 In QuickBooks?
Error 6098, 5 belongs to error code series 6000 that typically occurs while accessing the company file. To resolve the error, follow the below-described troubleshooting techniques.
SOLUTION 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor is devised by intuit and can fix common network and company file issues in the application. When you run the tool, it self-identify the issues causing QuickBooks error 6098, 5, and fixes them. To run this tool, make sure that you are logged in to your QuickBooks company file as an administrator:
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it to a suitable location
- Now open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from the saved location
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and agree to the terms and conditions
- Now from Tool Hub, select Company File Issues
- Next, select QuickBooks File Doctor
- Wait until the tool scans the issues with the company file. Check if the QB error 6098 5 is resolved. If not, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Edit Your Administrative Preferences
Intuit error code 6098, 5 can also come into sight due to insufficient administrative rights. To resolve this issue, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Click Start icon and then open Control Panel
- Locate and double-click User Accounts from the control panel
- Now go to Property option
- Next, select Group member option
- Go for the other option
- Tap drop-down and from the list, select Administrators
- Hit Apply and then OK
- Click User Accounts and then OK
- Restart the computer and check the status of QuickBooks company file error 6098, 5
The above-listed solutions can help you with the resolution of QuickBooks error 6098 5. However, if you don’t want to get into the troubleshooting hassles, give us a call on our QuickBooks error support helpline number (800)-579-9430. Elaborate the error symptoms and get the best solutions to resolve QuickBooks error code 6098, 5.