QuickBooks error 6098 is a common error in the application that occurs when you set up multi-user mode incorrectly. Corruption in the Windows registry is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error. Besides, you may get the error when a user does not have sufficient administrative permissions. It is not easy to track the possible reasons behind the error, but with a few symptoms, you can detect the error code 6098, 5. Following the troubleshooting solutions described in this post can help you in the error-resolution.
Getting QuickBooks Desktop error 6098, 5 while opening the company file? Dial our QuickBooks error support number (800)-579-9430 to consult a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
What Brings Forth QuickBooks Error Message 6098 5?
QuickBooks error 6098, 5 can take place due to various reasons you can find in the below-given list:
- Partial or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Corrupt windows registry for a QB related file can also evoke the error 6098, 5
- Data damage caused due to virus or malware infection
- Accidental deletion of the QuickBooks related file
- Users having insufficient Windows administrative permissions
How To Troubleshoot Error 6098, 5 In QuickBooks?
Error 6098, 5 belongs to error code series 6000 that typically occurs while accessing the company file. To resolve the error, follow the below-described troubleshooting techniques.
The QuickBooks File Doctor is devised by intuit and can fix common network and company file issues in the application. When you run the tool, it self-identify the issues causing QuickBooks error 6098, 5, and fixes them. To run this tool, make sure that you are logged in to your QuickBooks company file as an administrator:
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it to a suitable location
- Now open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from the saved location
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and agree to the terms and conditions
- Now from Tool Hub, select Company File Issues
- Next, select QuickBooks File Doctor
- Wait until the tool scans the issues with the company file. Check if the QB error 6098 5 is resolved. If not, move to the next solution.
Intuit error code 6098, 5 can also come into sight due to insufficient administrative rights. To resolve this issue, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Click Start icon and then open Control Panel
- Locate and double-click User Accounts from the control panel
- Now go to Property option
- Next, select Group member option
- Go for the other option
- Tap drop-down and from the list, select Administrators
- Hit Apply and then OK
- Click User Accounts and then OK
- Restart the computer and check the status of QuickBooks company file error 6098, 5
The above-listed solutions can help you with the resolution of QuickBooks error 6098 5. However, if you don’t want to get into the troubleshooting hassles, give us a call on our QuickBooks error support helpline number (800)-579-9430. Elaborate the error symptoms and get the best solutions to resolve QuickBooks error code 6098, 5.