QuickBooks error 30159 is a payroll-related error code in your accounting software that can annoyingly delay your accounting process. If you wish to troubleshoot it quickly without hassle, read this blog till the end. You will get acquainted with the issue in depth and receive step-wise instructions to fix it.
Error 30159 in QuickBooks Desktop can emerge unexpectedly and interrupt your work routine. You can confront this technical error while managing your business payroll or attempting to upgrade your payroll. QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the best accounting tools, but not devoid of technical issues. This blog can help you know the possible causes and steps you can implement for QB error code 30159 resolution.
Getting QuickBooks payroll error 30159 when upgrading the payroll? Give us a call at our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147, and in no time; our professionals will assist you with the troubleshooting solutions.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 30159?
When you see this error 30159 QuickBooks Desktop flashing on your screen, this means an error has occurred with your payroll feature. This payroll error can happen now and then when you try to validate your QuickBooks payroll subscription account.
The error message box shows the error description: “Error 30159: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” this error only applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, & 8.
Improper file setup in the QB program can trigger the error code 30159 QuickBooks. Misconfigured system files in Windows can also cause this issue. Not running a Windows-compatible program can also attract this error. Regardless of the reason, it’s crucial to rectify the problem quickly.
Signs to Identify QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
The error code 30159 in QuickBooks Desktop gives you some signs to determine that it is the same error code, disrupting the accounting process. Below is the list-
- The problem flashes on the screen, causing an immediate program crash.
- The error message box appears on the screen, preventing you from completing your tasks.
- Your system crashes after every few minutes while attempting to run the same program due to error 30159 QuickBooks.
- The system loses its usual speed and starts responding sluggishly toward the provided inputs.
These instances indicate QuickBooks error 30159 and can be caused due to various possible reasons. So, resolving the technical error requires you to know all the possible causes so that you can troubleshoot them one after the other.
Triggers Behind QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 30159
QuickBooks error 30159 payroll can hit your business due to many possible reasons, as given below-
- Partial installation of the QB software can give rise to a technical error.
- Virus or Malware attacks on the Windows system can also evoke this error.
- Accidental or deliberate deletion of the setup folder of the software can also trigger error 30159 QuickBooks Desktop.
- Any corruption in the Windows system file can crop up this same error code.
- The software is more susceptible to error if you haven’t updated the Windows version or the QuickBooks payroll feature.
- If the Windows file on your system is not configured correctly, you may see the annoying 30159 error code hitting your screen.
- Having an inactive payroll subscription can lead to an error.
- The error may arise if you have more than one active payroll agreement with an inactive Direct Deposit Agreement.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop file named paysub.ini is damaged.
- If the company file has an incorrect Employer Identification Number, you’ll notice the error code 30159 QuickBooks Desktop.
- Damaged data can lead to this issue.
- If the PSID in the company file is wrong or the service key is faulty, errors will arise.
- Windows and QuickBooks Desktop version is incompatible.
- The security certificate might be invalid.
- Sending payroll in the multi-user mode may lead to QuickBooks message code 30159.
- The system time and date properties are not showing the correct info.
- Internet security and personal firewall settings are misconfigured.
These are some of the possible causes of the QuickBooks error 30159, and to fix the error, you need to troubleshoot the source of the error.
Ways to Fix Intuit QuickBooks Error Message Code 30159
Finally, we are about to hop into the troubleshooting solutions. Read the troubleshooting steps carefully and take appropriate actions to eliminate the perplexing QuickBooks payroll error 30159. Here we go-
Solution 1: Perform a Manual Update for Your Computer System
To start this process, you have to switch the computer’s User to Admin and then follow the below-listed steps:
- Use the Search box to go to the system restore option by entering the complete program name into the box.
- Now locate the prompt Restore my computer to an earlier/past time and tap on it.
- Click Next and then give it some time to display a confirmation window.
- Restart the system and see if you are getting error code 30159 QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Fix Inactive EIN Status by Adding it to The Company File
If the 30159 error in QuickBooks continues, open your QuickBooks and move to the payroll option.
- In payroll, find and click Use my Current Payrolls Service.
- Your previous action will open an Account Maintenance window, where you have to click the Add file button.
- Now find the radio button against the Add EIN Number to see if it is turned on or off.
- Click on the radio button to enable the EIN, and if you don’t find such an option, it means the EIN is already active.
- Follow the prompts carefully, and then get back to your accounting software.
Solution 3: Utilize QuickBooks Payroll Error Utility For Rectification of Error
Download the payroll error code 30159 utility and install it to your system and follow the below-given steps:
- Once the QuickBooks payroll error 30159 utility is installed, click on Scan to make it work.
- Next, you will see the option to fix QB errors that you need to hit to start the scanning.
- When you see a complete scanning message, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Go Through The Disk Cleanup Process
If none of the above-listed solutions help resolve the QB payroll Error Code 30159, then try the following method:
- You need a Windows disk cleanup program installed on your system to begin.
- Start the tool to clean all the undesired files causing this error.
- After the cleanup process, restart the computer and determine the error status.
Solution 5: Undertake System Restoration
Go to the Start menu’s search bar on your Windows system and look for the System Restore window. When you find this option, tap it, and enter the Admin password and credentials. Keep following the steps required to accomplish in the wizard. Next, finish and restore your system entirely. Now open QuickBooks and confirm the elimination of error 30159 QuickBooks payroll.
Solution 6: Update the QuickBooks application
If an outdated version of QuickBooks is triggering QuickBooks error 30159, ensure to update the application:
- Go to the Help menu in the QuickBooks application and choose Internet connection setup.
- Then, tick-mark the box with the message: Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this program accesses the internet.
- Press Next and begin updating QuickBooks as follows.
- File Menu > Update Now > Get QuickBooks Update. Check if you are getting error 30159 QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Add QB to Windows Firewall Exception Port
The steps involved in fixing QuickBooks error 30159 are as follows:
- Go to the Start menu and search for Windows Firewall in the space box.
- Select Windows firewall and navigate the mouse to Advanced settings on the left side of this window.
- Here, right-click the Inbound Rules > Select New Rule and the appropriate port accordingly.
- Tap Next and ensure the TCP is chosen.
- For your QB Desktop version, enter the accurate port. The port numbers for various versions are as follows:
- QuickBooks 2019= Port Number 8019
- QuickBooks 2018= Port Number 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks 2017= Port Number 56276, 55368-55372
- Further, choose the option Allow Connection and then, Next.
- Ensure to checkmark all the profile boxes listed in the popup.
- Now, hit Next and name the new rule.
End by repeating these steps for Outbound Rules configuration.
Solution 8: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
When you are getting message 30159 QuickBooks Desktop, using the QB Tool Hub can help you fix this issue. This utility resolves common errors in QB and Windows. Download and install it as follows:
- Exit QB and download the latest version of the QB Tool Hub from the download link on the Intuit website.
- Save the file to the default location or browse to choose a preferred one.
- Open the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Execute the steps on the screen for installation and accept the terms and conditions on the agreement page.
- Double-click the tool hub icon on the desktop after finishing the installation.
Tools to use in QB Tool Hub
To fix QuickBooks Error 30159, you can use the following tools:
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Installation Issues tab can help fix errors related to program installation and such files.
- Quick Fix My Program in the Program Problems tab to resolve performance issues in QB Desktop.
- QuickBooks File Doctor or Quick Fix My File to rectify errors with the company file. The tool is available in the Company File Issues tab.
- QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool in the Network Issues section if the error arises due to network problems.
Hopefully, when you run these tools, you eliminate QuickBooks Error 30159 from the root.
Still Facing QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
If you have any technical difficulty with the troubleshooting solutions, feel free to dial our QuickBooks payroll customer service number 1.800.417.5147 and get a swift solution for QuickBooks error 30159.
The QuickBooks error 30159 is a payroll error with a message describing that QuickBooks has encountered an issue and would like to close. This error usually happens in Windows Vista, XP, 7, and 8.
When the user updates the QuickBooks application to the latest release, they eliminate the bugs and glitches and enjoy the seamless features offered by the new version. Check if the issue persists after updating because outdated systems usually trigger technical snags.
If no troubleshooting solution works, you can try Clean Installing. Clean Install QuickBooks using the tool to resolve your issues.
You can proceed with updating the device drivers as follows:
1. Go to the Start tab > Device Manager.
2. Scroll through each driver individually, right-click, and update them manually.
3. After updating all the drivers, reboot the system and apply the latest drivers.
1. Log in as an admin to the QB Online account.
2. Head to Settings, followed by Account and Settings.
3. Tap Billing Subscription from the left menu.
4. Choose Edit (pencil icon) beside the payment method.
5. Update the credit card information to remove the error.
6. Ensure the address on QB is the same as that on the credit card statement.
7. After everything’s done, choose Confirm Card and Save.