QuickBooks Error PS038 is a technical error code in the software that is used to represent an error in running or updating QB payroll. When the error occurs, you will get notified through an error message on the screen. Error: came into being after the arrival of the QuickBooks 2017 version. The error leaves several unfavorable consequences on your accounting software, and you may not be able to continue with your current task. This blog post is a genuine attempt to help you in troubleshooting this error so that you can carry on with your day-to-day accounting operations.
For an instant resolution of QuickBooks maintenance release error PS038, dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430
What is QuickBooks Error PS038 and why it occur?
QuickBooks error message PS038 appears on the screen when a regular user tries to send paychecks online, and the checks hang in-between “Online to send.” The error code also prevents you from sending employees payroll data. The error message says, “QuickBooks payroll won’t update error; validate payroll subscription”. An inactive payroll subscription is one for the apparent reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop update error code.
Numerous factors can cause the Error PS038 in QuickBooks and we have managed to share the most regular ones:
- The error message rolls out when a user tries to send paychecks via online mode, but the paycheck is stuck “Online to send.”
- Damage in the company files is one of the most apparent reasons for this QB error code. Infected files not only affect other QB files but can also harm the system.
- Retrieval of Latest Payroll Update: When you recover a current QB payroll update and validate your payroll subscription, the error arises when you proceed.
Apart from its direct impact on the update process, QuickBooks payroll update error also leaves several other unfavorable effects on your business accounting.
- Degraded Windows Performance: This is an immediate impact of the QuickBooks update error with the same code, and as soon the error occurs, it crashes an active window. It also lowers the processing speed and increases the timing of the task completion.
- Interrupted Payroll Update Process: With the arrival of the error, your payroll update process gets interrupted, and you may not be able to move even a single step ahead.
- Error in Sending Paycheck: The data discrepancies caused due to the error makes users look at various records to check the error while handling paychecks.
How to tackle QuickBooks payroll Error PS038?
Below, you can find the most effective troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks payroll errors with the same error code.
Important: Before you start the troubleshooting process, make sure that you have updated to the 2018 or later release of QuickBooks software. It is recommended to you that backup your important company file and payroll data prevent any data disruptions.
Are you unable to send payroll data due to perplexed error code PS038 in QuickBooks?
- Go to the Employees tab and from under the tab, click My Payroll Services
- Now click Send Usage Data and determine if you can send the payroll data
- Try to update the payroll
If the QuickBooks error remains unfixed, then perform the next solution.
In this solution, you have to find the paychecks that are unsent and check them.
- Select Find underneath the Edit tab and then select Advanced.
- Now navigate Choose Filter tab to select Detail Level from the Filter list.
- Choose Summary Only to proceed further.
- Next, select Online Status from the Filter list
- There must be a drop-down list at the right-hand side where you have to select Online to send.
- Hit Find button to discover and check all paychecks.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the File menu > utility > verify data.
- Now, select the data file and click ok.
- Click ok.
- Again Click on File > utility > rebuild.
- Creating a backup wizard will prompt, Click ok to save a backup before rebuilding.
- End of the rebuild process, check the result.
- If the result shows any error then you can ask to QuickBooks data expert.
Need Qualified Professional Assistance?
If you find it difficult to this same error in QuickBooks, then get in touch with our qualified QB expert and describe your technical unease without any hassle. Dialing our payroll customer service number 1.800.579.9430 can connect you with our expert who can handle QuickBooks error PS038 efficiently.