QuickBooks Payroll application is known to ease multiple business tasks, and with regular tax table updates, users can stay up to date with tax filing. Recently, users have reported issues updating the payroll tax table when they see QuickBooks error PS032. You can use this article to your advantage by following various sections. Additionally, an external solution is available for all QuickBooks Payroll users.
They can call the support team on +1 800-579-9430 for additional support in solving QuickBooks error PS032
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032?
For an up-to-date tax filing, it is crucial that you have QuickBooks Payroll updated with the latest tax table as a user. When installing these tax table updates, you may see the PS032 error message “QuickBooks having trouble installing payroll tax table updates.” Instead of the error code PS032, you may see the PS077, similar to the error in question. We will further talk about the reasons for the error and how to solve QuickBooks error PS032 efficiently.
To avoid the constant appearance of QuickBooks Error PS032, there are some pointers you must checkmark. Therefore, before discussing the solutions for PS032, here is a list.
- The status of your QuickBooks Payroll subscription must show active.
- You Payroll account must contain the correct billing information.
- Your system has only one version of QuickBooks on the system.
- Before moving to standard steps to fix the QuickBooks error PS032, repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- You must have a recent backup of your QuickBooks company file.
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS032
After covering detailed sections of QuickBooks Error PS032, we will talk about how you can handle the error manually. Then, follow the methods one by one to eventually get tax table updates successfully.
To ensure you can successfully get the latest tax table updates, your QuickBooks Desktop must be registered. Therefore, in the first solution of fixing QuickBooks error PS032, you must register QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Product Information window and press the F2 key on your keyboard.
- You can see the status of your QuickBooks Desktop next to the License Number. If it is Activated, move to the next solution, else keep following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Help menu and choose the Activate QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Further, use the steps as they appear on the screen to register your QuickBooks application.
- After QuickBooks registration, try getting the payroll tax table update, and if the Payroll PS032 error still appears, move to the next way of resolving it.
If the first method was unsuccessful in solving QuickBooks error PS032, then here are the steps you can employ to eliminate and successfully get the latest tax table updates.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop and your company file.
- Use your default web browser and get the QuickBooks Tool Hub installation file.
- When prompted, select a location to save the file, and soon you will see the file getting downloaded.
- After the file is downloaded, open the place where you saved it and double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation of Tool Hub.
- Proceed as per the on-screen instructions and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- After the installation, an icon will appear on your desktop screen.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to launch it.
- Choose Program Problems.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Reopen your QuickBooks application and then the company file.
- Try getting Payroll tax table updates.
At times, the User Account Control settings of your Windows can restrict the QuickBooks payroll update process. Therefore, to handle the error code PS032, you must turn it off, get the required updates and turn it back on.
- Use your keyboard to press the Windows + R keys.
- The Run window will appear on your screen.
- In the text bar, type Control Panel.
- Hit the Enter key or click on OK.
- Next, you must choose User Accounts from the Control Panel’s top menu.
- Click on the Change User Account Control Settings.
- Select Yes, and take the slider to Never Notify to turn off UAC.
- You must restart the system and then update the payroll tax table.
- Finally, you must use the above steps to turn on the UAC.
In this final solution, we suggest you manually update QuickBooks to have the latest security updates in the application. Once QuickBooks is updated, you will be able to get payroll updates successfully.
- First, if you have an active QuickBooks window, close it and click on the Start menu.
- Use the search text bar to look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Highlight the icon and then right-click on it.
- Click on Run as administrator.
- You will see the No Company Open screen in front of you.
- Use the Help menu and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Options tab.
- Choose Mark All before selecting Save.
- Next, you must use the Update Now tab.
- Click on the Reset Update checkbox to select it.
- You must finally press the Get Updates button.
With this, we end our blog on QuickBooks Error PS032. If you are still stuck with the error, your case probably requires advanced solutions. For the same contact, the support team on +1 800-579-9430.