QuickBooks error 16026 can take place while downloading updates for QuickBooks applications. The corrupted QB company file is one of the most apparent reasons that can give rise to error code 16026. To resolve this issue, you need to repair the damaged data in the QuickBooks company file. You can utilize a third-party QuickBooks repair tool for the error resolution. When the error occurs, it gives the “Error 16026” message and crashes an active window program. Several reasons can bring forth this issue that we will find and fix in this post.
If you are facing QuickBooks Desktop error 16026 while downloading QuickBooks updates, dial our QuickBooks error support number (800)-579-9430 to get rid of the error with no-brainer solutions
Possible Reasons That Can Promote Error 16026 In QuickBooks:
Below are the reasons that can bring forth error 16026 in QB application:
- Common Internet connectivity issues can promote the error
- If you are using an outdated version of the Microsoft Internet Explorer
- If the cipher strength of the IE is not 128-bit
- Partial or damaged installation of the QuickBooks application
- Compatibility issues between the QuickBooks and Windows operating system
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 16026?
Follow the below-given troubleshooting steps to get rid of the QuickBooks error 16026:
- Restart QuickBooks and access Financial Institution directory from within the application
- Now perform the given series of action Banking >> Online Banking >> Available Financial Institutions
- If you can see the Financial Institution Directory on the left pane, it means that QuickBooks is successful in accessing one of the Online services of Intuit
- If you are able to access the Internet connection from within the QuickBooks using your web-browser, then try to download the latest update for the QuickBooks
- Check the version and cipher strength of the Internet Explorer to ensure that they meet the system requirement criteria to download the update for the software
- Launch Internet Explorer
- From the Help section, select About Internet Explorer
- If you are using an earlier version of the Internet Explorer 6.0, then download the latest version from Microsoft’s website
Update Error 16026 Continues!
The troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article can help in resolving QuickBooks error 16026. However, if the steps are not alone sufficient for you, then give us a call on our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.417.5147. Our experts will guide you with a relevant and hassle-free solution to the QB error code 16026 until it is completely removed.