QuickBooks error 15311 an error code related to 15XXX series that can stop you from downloading payroll updates or updating the software. You will receive the following error messages on your screen accompanying this same error code. “QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully” or “Cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”. When the error takes place, it crashes an active window, and the update process gets obstructed. The undesired technical error while updating QuickBooks payroll can occur due to several reasons. In this post, we have covered the main aspects of QuickBooks Desktop error 15311, such as causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting.
Want a fast resolution of QuickBooks payroll error 15311 without killing your crucial time? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 for instant support
Related article — QuickBooks update Error 15241
When Can QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15311 Take Place?
The possible causes accountable for arising QuickBooks error 15311 are listed below-
- A partially installed QuickBooks software can hinder the update process
- When the QuickBooks gets infected from a malware or virus attack then QuickBooks update error 15311 may crop up
- Accidental deletion of QuickBooks related file is one of the apparent reasons for the failure of the update process
- Recent QuickBooks changes corrupting Windows registry entries can give rise to this error
- Other programs interrupting the download also becomes an apparent reason behind the error code
What Happens When QuickBooks Error Message 15311 Appears?
QuickBooks error code 15311 can bring forth various impacts to your system and software as listed below-
- An active window gets crashed when the error takes place
- Windows shows a sluggish response to the inputs of mouse or keyboard
- The update process gets stopped, and you can’t proceed with an on-going task
- You will not be able to download the latest maintenance release for QuickBooks
- Every time you try to update the payroll tax tables, QB error message code appears on your screen
How to Remove QuickBooks Error Message Code 15311?
The error-resolution involves the trial and error method of performing one step and jumping to the next when the error remains unresolved. Follow the solutions in their given order.
Solution 1: Install the Digital Signature Certificates
Installing a digital signature is one of the most considered solutions to remove this error in QuickBooks. The below-given steps can help you to accomplish this task-
- Navigate – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Now right-click on QBW32.exe. and then select Properties.
- Go to Digital Signature and stop for a moment.
- Select Details and then select View Certificate from the new window.
- Your previous action will lead you to the Certificate window where you have to select Install Certificate.
- Select Next and wait for the process to end.
- Select Finish and then restart your system.
- Move to the next solution otherwise.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection Settings
If something in QuickBooks is causing an Internet connection error, then you need to check it to resolve QuickBooks error 15311. In the first place, check if the date and time settings of your computer are correct. A cipher strength lower than 128 bites is erroneous and can cause payroll update errors in the software, and therefore, you need to fix that. Also, check your LAN settings and ensure that SSL2.0 and SSL3.0 are marked on the advanced tab. Keep in mind that TSL 1.2 is not marked. These fact-checks can help you in eliminating the same error.
Solution 3. Verify Payroll Service key
You may get the payroll update error if you’ve entered an incorrect payroll service key. Follow the steps given below to check it:
- Make sure QuickBooks subscription is active.
- Ensure the payroll service key is correct. Here’s how:
- Go to the Employees menu.
- Select the My Payroll Service option.
- Next, choose Manage Service Keys.
- Click on Edit and verify if the key is correct.
- Click Next and then Finish.
- Restart the system after completing the steps.
If the issue persists, move to solution 4.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Issues
The payroll update in QuickBooks sometimes gets fails when the payroll subscription is not active. Therefore, you need to ensure that the payroll service is active in the first place. Verify that the payroll service key is accurate and reset your QuickBooks Desktop update.
Related article to read — QuickBooks desktop install Error 1603
I think you all folks are aware of the troubleshooting methods, reasons, and symptoms of Error 15311 in QB. Besides Resolving QuickBooks error 15311 on your own, you can reach out to the QuickBooks data service professionals through Helpline number 800-579-9430.