QuickBooks error 15270 takes place when you attempt to download an update for the payroll or set up the file. QuickBooks is widely popular accounting software having millions of users across the globe. It offers powerfully devised features and functions that can overcome all shortcomings of your business and maximize profitability. However, frequent technical issues in the software can annoy you to your wit’s end. A similar glitch known as QB error code 15270 can hamper your payroll update when you try to download it.
Want immediate troubleshooting assistance for Qb update error 15270? Get in touch with our professionals by dialing our 24×7 QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147
QuickBooks Error Code 15270 – Elaborated Description
QuickBooks payroll error 15270 takes place when you endeavor to download payroll update or try to set up the file. The error can also be caused due to an interrupted installation of the Windows operating system or by an Intuit product running in the background. QuickBooks error 15270 is a menacing technical error and may result in crucial data loss if not fixed immediately.
QuickBooks error message 15270: This error message describes that the payroll update cannot be completed due to a missing file.
Reasons That Bring Forth the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15270
There are several known reasons for QuickBooks error 15270 that causes you to see the error code appear on your screen while downloading a payroll update.
- An improperly installed QuickBooks software can give rise to the error 15270
- When your Internet connection is weak, the error is more likely to occur
- You may see the QuickBooks error 15270 code popping on your screen due to an incorrect QuickBooks update
- It can be a infected or corrupted Windows program causing you to experience QB error 15270
- Sometimes, your anti-virus program or Firewall can cause hurdle between update and Internet communication
How to Fix Intuit QB Error Code 15270?
Being aware of the possible causes can help you to find and fix the root cause of the error. Alternatively, you can perform the troubleshooting steps one after another.
Solution 1- Perform the QuickBooks Payroll Update Manually
Performing a manual update can help you to fix QB payroll update error 15270. Follow the below-described solution-
- To begin with the troubleshooting, Reopen the QuickBooks.
- Now in QuickBooks Update service, select the option to Install Later.
- Move to Help and select Update QuickBooks.
- In the Update window, select the Update Now option.
- Tap OK to reset the QuickBooks updates.
- Make the appropriate selections and select Install Now.
- To update your payroll subscription, select Download Entire Payroll Update.
- Now select Update to finish the manual update process.
Solution 2- Perform QuickBooks Desktop Installation in Selective Startup Mode
To perform this troubleshooting for QuickBooks error 15270, you first need to confirm that your payroll subscription is active. After the verification, you can follow the below-listed steps-
- First of all, open the Enhanced Payroll and follow the mentioned series of actions- Employees >> My Payroll Service >> Account information.
- Sign into your Intuit Account manually and examine the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page and other activities related to the subscription.
- Cross check if Internet Explorer is working as your default browser.
- Now disable or Turn-off User Account Control for a temporary duration.
- Select Repair QuickBooks Desktop option to proceed further.
- Make your final selection of Selective Startup to clean the installation process.
Solution 3- Utilize Reboot.bat File
Reboot.bat file is designed to re-register the Intuit-related .OCX and .DLL files in Microsoft Windows. Using it for QB error 15270 can be a worthy endeavor-
- Turn-off QuickBooks Desktop to start the troubleshooting.
- Go to the folder having reboot.bat file and open it.
- Now, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and when a drop-down menu opens, choose the Properties.
- Tap on Open file location.
- Back to the folder, right-click on the reboot.bat file and from drop-down choose Run As System Administrator option.
- Now, you should be seeing a black window scrolling file names rapidly.
- Don’t close the window until it closes automatically
- Complete the troubleshooting for QuickBooks error 15270 by restarting your computer.
Solution 4- Change User’s Account Setting
Follow the last solution, and it should finally resolve the daunting QuickBooks error 15270. Follow the below-listed steps-
- Go to the QuickBooks and launch Control Panel.
- Select User Account Controls and modify the settings to Never Notify.
- Now click OK to confirm.
- Once done, Restart your Computer.
Hope, you have resolved your QB payroll error 15270 by taking the help of this friendly blog. If you want to speak directly to a professional for QB error code 15270, you can ring our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147.