QuickBooks error 1321 can take place if the installer is not able to write a file due to insufficient permissions. To fix the error, you need to update the privileges on the parent folder of the file or source mentioned in the error messages. There are various instances of the error code 1321 you might experience while working in QuickBooks. When the error occurs, you can get an error message on your screen that reads, “Error 1321: System has insufficient privileges to modify this file.” In this post, we will discuss QuickBooks error 1321 in details.
Unable to resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 1321 and need immediate help? Dial our helpline number 1.800.579.9430 and get help from qualified QB experts
Various Instances Of QuickBooks Error Message 1321
When installing or updating QuickBooks to the latest release, you may encounter any of the below-listed error messages related to QB error 1321:
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 1321?
Insufficient admin privilege is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error code 1321 in QB. There are several other reasons that can be credited for the arrival of error: 1321 as stated in the below-given list:
- When the speed of the file update process surpasses the speed of file copy process.
- If your Windows Firewall or Internet security settings are blocking QuickBooks from accessing the server due to some security concerns.
- The Windows permissions for the company file folder are set to restrict access.
- If the file mentioned in the error message is already in use or damaged.
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the QB error 1321 get ready to perform the troubleshooting solutions.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 1321?
To get rid of the Intuit error code 1321, follow the below-given solutions with the utmost care and attention:
Solution 1: Utilize QB Clean Install Tool
Corrupt download or damaged installation of the QuickBooks application is one of the most common reasons behind the QuickBooks error 1321. To get rid of this issue, you can fix common installation errors by using QB Clean Install tool. Download the tool from the Intuit’s legit website and run it for the error-resolution. Now try to perform the troubleshooting procedure to check if the error is fixed. If not, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Edit the Windows Permissions On The Folder
When you start troubleshooting QB error 1321, you need to modify your Windows permissions on the folder in the first place. While doing so, you need to keep in mind if the steps will address the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows. Once you are done, try to re-install or update QuickBooks to check the status of the error. If you are still getting the QuickBooks install error 1321, try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 3: Retry The Update
QuickBooks error 1321 can take place while updating QuickBooks software to the latest maintenance release. To get rid of the error, you need to retry the update procedure. If this procedure doesn’t work, then jump to the next troubleshooting technique.
Solution 4: Disable Your Antivirus Software While Installing Or Updating QuickBooks
To avoid blocking from antivirus application, you need to disable them while reinstalling the QuickBooks software or updating It to the latest release. Install the new updates and when it is done, don’t forget to re-enable your antivirus or security software. If QuickBooks code 1321 persists, then move to the next solution.
Need Additional Assistance?
If you need further assistance in resolving QuickBooks message code 1321, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. In no time, you will be connected with our expert team that will provide you step-by-step assistance in troubleshooting QuickBooks error 1321.