QuickBooks crash catcher error is a common technical issue in the Mac Operating System. QuickBooks Desktop Mac has a widespread reach in the market due to its ability to deliver high-quality efficiency to the businesses. Besides, it is also acknowledged for its user-friendly interface among its users. However, QB Crash Catcher error message can pop up on your screen abruptly while working on Mac OS. This piece of information elaborates on the troubleshooting solutions to fix the Crash Catcher Error in QuickBooks when you read it until the end.
How do I close the crash catcher after upgrading! Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get all your similar queries resolved related to the Crash Catcher issue
QuickBooks Mac 2016 Crashes Constantly In Mac: Error Description
When you ignore updating QuickBooks software on a regular basis and continue to use the outdated version of the application, then the Crash Catcher error can come into sight. The timely updates in QuickBooks, also known as the maintenance release, can fix certain issues and help you to utilize the improved features. Some other possible reasons behind Crash Catcher QuickBooks Mac issue are listed below:
- Unverified QuickBooks company file
- Third-party applications on the system obstructing QuickBooks processes
- When you don’t have the sufficient administrative rights
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error Mac OS?
If Crash Catcher displays while using QuickBooks for Mac, then follow the below-given steps for the error-resolution:
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks To The Latest Maintenance Release
The outdated version of the QuickBooks application is one of the most apparent reasons behind the Crash Catcher error in QB. To Update QuickBooks:
- From the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Now go to the Update Now tab and check-mark Reset Update box
- Next, select Get Updates to initiate the download
- Wait until the download finishes and then restart QuickBooks
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to install the new release
- You can follow this detailed piece of information to update QuickBooks to the latest release.
If QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error in Mac persists, then follow the next troubleshooting procedure:
Solution 2: Utilize Verify/Rebuild Data Tool
QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data utilities work together to self identify and fix common company file and network issues in the application. To utilize the tool:
- Launch QuickBooks and from the File menu, select Utilities
- Now select Verify Data and wait until the utility finds the issues, evoking Crash Catcher error
- On finding the issue, run QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Data utility
- Click Utilities from the File menu and click Rebuild Data and it will resolve the common issues in the company file
- Again, run Verify Data to check if the issues are resolved
On getting the error message “Crash Catcher- An error has occurred, and QB must quit” again, you need to try the next troubleshooting technique.
Solution 3: Restart QuickBooks In Safe Mode
Restarting QuickBooks in safe mode can prevent the obstructions from the third party applications. To perform the procedure, follow the below-described steps:
- Restart your computer and long-press the Shift key to boot your system in the Safe Mode
- Open QuickBooks and check if the error persists
- If you are not getting the error, then it indicates that the other applications are interfering with the QuickBooks processes
- To confirm this, restart your system in normal mode and open QuickBooks. If the QB Crash Catcher error crops up again, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Open QuickBooks With Full Administrative Rights
To add a new user with Administrative rights, perform the below-stated steps:
- Click Users & Groups icon, from under the System Preferences
- Hit Add button icon
- Now add a new user with Administrative Rights
- Login computer using the credentials for this new account
The solutions described in this post can help you in the resolution of “QB Mac Desktop 2019 Crashing with Mac OS Mojave” issue. However, you can dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 for the immediate resolution of the issue. Get in touch with our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors and get rid of QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error in no time.