QuickBooks error 12152 occurs due to several reasons, among which, Internet connectivity issue is one of the most apparent ones. When a regular user tries to download an update, QuickBooks takes too long to connect to the server. To resolve the issue, you need to establish a stable Internet connection to accomplish an update, fail-safely. Several other reasons can also evoke the error code 12152 in QuickBooks. Following the troubleshooting solutions described in this post, you can get rid of the error with absolute ease.
Getting QuickBooks update error due to Internet connectivity issues? Dial our QuickBooks error support number (800)-579-9430 to avail of relevant assistance
What Are The Main Reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop Error 12152?
QuickBooks error 12152 can take place due to the below-given reason:
- When QuickBooks fails to read/write the license data
- When QuickBooks Desktop application is not updated to the latest maintenance release
- Corrupt or partial installation of the QuickBooks application
- Damage caused due to malware or virus attack
- If Windows API keys are not working properly
Due to the above-listed reasons, error code 12152 can come into sight. Being aware of the error code can make the troubleshooting procedure easier for you.
Symptoms Of Intuit Error Code 12152
When the error 12152 occurs, you can identify the issue with the below-given symptoms:
- QuickBooks error message 12152 appears on the screen abruptly and crashes an active program window
- Your system hangs periodically
- System freezes and responds lethargically
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message Code 12152?
Now that you are aware of the possible causes and symptoms of the error, follow the below-given steps to eliminate the error:
Solution 1: Check Date & Time Settings Of Your Computer
In the first place, you need to ensure that the date and time settings on the system are configured properly. To get it done on your Windows system:
- Click on the area showing the date and time on your computer
- Click on the link “Change date and time settings.”
- Reset the date and time if required
- Check if the QuickBooks error code 12152 is fixed
- For more detailed instructions follow the article “How to update Time and Date on Windows”
If the error persists, jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Settings
Erroneous Internet settings can also give rise to error 12152 in QuickBooks. To resolve the error, follow these steps:
- Check your Internet connection settings
- Now press Windows+R and open Internet Settings
- Next, click Advanced option
- Click the Advance reset option to make the required changes
After performing this solution, check if you are still getting error code 12152 in QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Restore Your Computer
Follow the below-given steps listed in the below-given bullet points to perform this troubleshooting procedure:
- Log into your computer using the administrative login credentials
- Now hit Start menu and then click All Programs
- Next, click Accessories >> System Tool >> System Restore
- From the new window, choose “Restore my computer to an earlier time.”
- Hit Next
- Select a system restore point and then
- Click on Next, and it will open a confirmation window
- Hit Next, and once the process is completed, restart your computer and check if the QB error 12152 is fixed
Try the next method if the error prevails.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Application
If a corrupt download or damaged installation of the QuickBooks application is evoking the error code 12152 in the program, then you need to re-install the QuickBooks:
- First of all, uninstall QuickBooks and then download the application from Intuit’s legit website
- Install QuickBooks on your computer and then open it
- Run a full scan on your system, and it will show you the list of the possible issues
- Now click Repair All option to fix them
- Follow our article on using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for more detailed instructions.
The techniques listed in this article can help you in troubleshooting QuickBooks error 12152. But if you want an easy way to resolve the error, dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number 800-579-9430. In no time, you will be connected to a certified QB ProAdvisor, who will assist you with the complete troubleshooting methods for QB error code 12152.