QuickBooks error 15102 is a common error code in the software that takes place when you try to update your payroll tax table or the program itself. The error code prevents you from harvesting the improved features of the software with an error message- Error 15102: Failed to reset update. It is always wise to use the latest updated version of QuickBooks as it provides users with improved features and important security updates. This post incorporates the important aspects of QB error 15102 to help users struggling with the problem.
Unable to reset the latest updates due to Intuit QB error code 15102? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get relevant help in the error-resolution
Possible Reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102:
There are different reasons that may evoke QuickBooks error 15102 while updating payroll tax tables in the program. Follow the below-given list for the most apparent reasons for the update error-
- Shared download is turned on, but the download location you have specified is invalid or not accessible
- Damaged or incomplete installation of the QuickBooks software
- If you run QuickBooks in the terminal service environment in multi-user mode, then the error can arise.
- An outdated version of the software can cause error in QuickBooks
- You need to log in as admin while running Windows Vista otherwise; the error can be triggered
- Firewall settings can prevent the update process when it perceive an update as a security threat
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Message 15102:
When the QuickBooks error 15102 takes place, it produces the below-listed symptoms-
- When you make an unsuccessful attempt to update the payroll, this error appears on the screen
- You are not able to download an update for your QuickBooks payroll subscription service
- Slow performance of PC
- QuickBooks freezes for a few seconds every time it occurs
When you see these symptoms while updating the software, you need to resolve QuickBooks update error 15102 immediately.
How Can I Fix QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15102?
You can find the best solutions to resolve this error on your own. Here we go-
Solution 1: Move to Single-User Mode
When only a single user can access the company file, working in a multi-user environment causes the error. Switch to the single-user mode to resolve the error. You can find the single-user mode option in the File menu where the switching option is available.
Solution 2: Verify that the Preferred File Location is Correct
When you try to download an update to an invalid or inaccessible location, then the download process gets interrupted. So before you proceed, make sure that the mapped file location is correct.
- Press F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys on your keyboard to open the Product Information window and then check the file location path
- Now click Update QuickBooks located underneath Help tab
- Select Options tab and determine if the download location path is correct
- Change an incorrect location and then select Yes for Shared Download
- Finally click Save to confirm the changes you have made.
If QuickBooks payroll update error 15102 arrives again while performing the update process, then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Desktop as an Administrator
Running QB as an administrator is an effective way to fix this error.
- Right-click QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Run as Administrator
- Next, run the application when prompted by User Account Control (UAC) and then click Continue
- Reset QuickBooks Updates to see if the error is resolved.
If QuickBooks error 15102 continues to occur while updating QuickBooks payroll, immediately dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147 for guaranteed error-resolution.